Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese and Gavin's first dentist appt!

I made this today for the boys lunch. I make a yummy baked mac and cheese (if I do say so myself :-P) that I thought for sure they would love. Not to mention, not entirely processed. Um....nope. They turned their noses up at it and prefer the Kraft, hmph. Same with pizza....they would rather have 'triangle' pizza as Gavin calls it...Papa Johns. I can't blame him...I do love some Papa John's pizza and butter garlic sauce! YUMMY!!!

Both the Kraft mac & cheese and pizza have such good memories for me. I feel like my life revolves around food. I remember when I first met my friend Christine at Big Brothers, Big Sisters...we shared an office for a while. I am pretty sure we talked about food, our favorite restaurants or what we wanted for lunch (but couldn't have due to our wedding dress diets) everyday :-P The Kraft mac & cheese reminds me of Michelle. She is my first cousin but we grew up like sisters. Every weekend when we were teenagers, we would be at one another houses. And every weekend we would rent 3-4 horror movies and make either Kraft mac & cheese really soupy or a big pot of spaghetti at around 2:00-3:00 a.m. And we would eat it all...this was back in the day when our metabolism was ridiculous and we could eat whatever, whenever we wanted. My how things change in your 30's :-P So every time I taste Kraft or cook for the boys, I think about those late nights with not a care in the world except for how to get our chores done quick enough so we could go do something fun!!!

When my mom and I lived by my grandparents in Mississippi, I spent alot of time over there. I loved to help her cook. I try to pass this onto Gavin and J&K later when they are old enough. One of my favorite things she used to make was pizza. Just a simple pizza with thin crust, hamburger and cheese. I would 'help' by eating most of the meat & shredded cheese before it made it on the pizza, hehe It was scrumptious!!! I would eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it was gone!!! When Gavin started to liking pizza, I started making my own pizza. He does loves to help me (read: make a big mess!) but if I cut into squares he won't eat it. Occasionally if I cut it into triangles like Papa John's, he will eat it.

Now I am getting hungry....sheesh

On another note, we are still sick and it stinks, big time. We have all been coughing but it would seem that we have now all acquired a cold on top of that. I am 100% blaming that darn play area by Target that we went to the Friday before Thanksgiving. Every time we go to an indoor play area....my kids get sick. Even though I disinfect them thoroughly *sigh* These boys are going to have kick butt immune systems! I finally got in with my doctor today, I got at 3:30. And I am taking Gavin back at 4:20. Our doctors are right by each other so hopefully we can make it. Gavin has been coughing for 4 weeks.....I just want to make sure it is not in his chest at this point :/ J&K are also coughing and sound terrible. They have been coughing for about 2 weeks. My friend suggested I put Vicks vaporub on the arches of their feet for bedtime....she says it works, I am willing to try it!!! I am going to try on mine too because I didn't fall asleep until 1:00a.m. last night due to coughing. I figured after 2 doses of nyquil in a 2 hour period, that should knock me out! Sick  Mom plus FOUR sick boys = exhaustion and short on patience. I really hope our doctors can do something to give us some sort of relief.

I took Gavin to his first dentist appointment today! He did really well! The dentist was nice and really good with Gavin. He would explain to Gavin before he did anything and let Gavin touch it....being that Gavin loves to explore how things work, this was a big plus in Gavin's book that the dentist let him touch it! They took x-rays that didn't turn out....I told them they probably wouldn't being that involved Gavin to sit still :-P Then they cleaned his teeth and brushed them. Gavin has a discoloration on his front top tooth from when a chair fell on his face when he was a little over a year old. The dentist not to worry because it is not a cavity and once that tooth falls out, the permanent tooth will not be effected, whew! Dentist said his teeth look great! And he has more space in the back teeth than front, so maybe the orthodontist bill won't be too expensive for us :-P My teeth were a mess growing up, I had braces for at least 7 years....head gear, retainers, etc. So I am sure the boys will need them also. The dentist also let Gavin pick a special surprise from his treasure chest to take home. I asked the dentist about what age to bring in J&K. He said the American Dental People (I forget the right name) suggests 6 months after their first tooth is in. He then followed up with that based on how good Gavin's teeth, he can tell we take good care of his teeth and would guess we do the same with the twins (Yes we do, thanks!). My only concern there is Kaleb's thumb sucking but the dentist can't take off his thumb and he sure can't reason with a 15 month old to tell him its not a good thing to do. So we will cross that bridge when we get there :-P

lol this was a very random post but I figured this was better than 2-3 different blogs in one day :-P If you have been reading this long, I am sure you can keep up! here are a couple recent pics of gavin being silly!

This was outside the Cheese/Butter Factory in NC


A toy soldier at Christiana Mall....Gavin thought it was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment