Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thomas the Train!

A very good friend of mine asked us a while back if we wanted to go ride Thomas the Train :-) After figuring out our schedule, we were able to get tickets and go! It was so fun! Gavin isn't really into Thomas specifically but he does like trains. I know he would have enjoy it more if he could have gotten under the train and thoroughly inspected it to see how everything works ;-) But he had to settle for riding the train and a few other fun activities they had there. It was a perfect day for it...sun was shining, a brisk 40something degrees and not too crowded when we got there around 10:00 a.m. We were trying to get there at 9:30 but well it just didn't work out that way. And even if we did, we still wouldn't have been out of the car until 10:00. MY GOODNESS....getting 3 kids bundled up in their layers, hats, shoes, socks, etc. That is a lot of work! I felt like we were packing for an overnight stay with all the stuff I had to take in the car!


It was great to see our friends, they also have twins, boy/girl, and now a sweet 3 month old son. Of course, with 6 kids the adults didn't get much conversation time but we were at Thomas the Train..that is for the kids, hehe It was worth a try!

Gavin had a blast! J&K were ok. Kaleb napped on the way there. Jakob did not. If I had to choose one to nap, Kaleb would be it. Jakob handles being tired better than Kaleb. They weren't thrilled to be in the stroller...they wanted to walk around, everywhere. It was getting too crowded for that. Marcin got brave and walked around with them both while trying to hold their hands, hehe


It was a fun morning! I wish I felt better though.... I didn't get much sleep last night. Gavin has had a cough for the past 3 weeks. In the beginning, pediatrician suggested it was probably a sinus infection because his lungs sounded clear. Three weeks later (2 of which he has been on antibiotics with no improvement) he is still coughing (mucusy stuff) and so are the rest of us. Last I checked, sinus infections are not contagious so if I had to guess, we probably have bronchitis and there isn't much we can do for that besides wait it out. I am still taking an antibiotic too, just to feel like I am trying to do something for myself :-P

I need to get some ebay packages packed up and ready to pick up on Monday. And then hopefully tomorrow I can get some cooking done for Thanksgiving...thats my plan anyways, we will see that works out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment