Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Been a Good day! YAY!!

Despite the icky, rainy weather...it has been a good day! Gavin had school and as soon as we walked, one of the morning activities was playing with shaving cream that was put on the table...with bare hands! His teachers are brave to do this with 16 3 year olds lol At first, he didn't want to stay at school which I figured since he was off last week but he got distracted and I snuck out :-P

Jakob, Kaleb and myself came back home so they could take a much needed nap. These coughs, along with Kaleb cutting molars and Jakob working on some teeth, have not made it easy for them to rest at night. They are still sttn ::knocking on wood:: but just not getting good rest. So while they were napping, I walked/ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes while reading my new book (more on that later). I took a shower....in peace! Blissful! A little laundry done, kitchen cleaned up...this is a productive morning for me!

When I picked Gavin up from school, he was grinning ear to ear! This isn't normal...I usually get some whimpering/whining that he wants to go home. lol We all got lunch, played and I cleaned some more with three little helpers under my feet :-P geez....you all ask how we keep our house clean?! lol And then its nap time for everyone, YAY!!!! Floors got cleaned (don't know why I bother because they will be destroyed by tonight but it makes me feel better!). Listed some more toys on Craigslist, sorted out my pile of coupons, worked on Christmas cards AND got some blogging time in.

I really need to stick to the treadmill. I feel much, much better when I exercise regularly. I have more energy and more motivation, unless I am reading a good book :-P

You may remember last week I started the Matched Trilogy. I was very excited to read the first 2 books because they are similiar to the Hunger Games. After reading the first 2 books in about 4 days, I was excited to get started on the 3rd. HMPH...the 3rd book doesn't come out until next November. Please remind me next time to check on this before starting a book series. I would recommend the series though...easy read and a different society just like in Hunger Games.

On our way home from North Carolina Saturday, I started The Passage by Justin Cronin. According to Barnes& Noble this book was #1 book of the year in Times Magazine. I am not seeing it yet...I am somewhere around page 300 of 800 and it took about 200 pages for the plot to develop. Eh...I will finish it, maybe it will turn out better than it started.

boys are waking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment