Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Needed a new book!

I finished the Game of Thrones, well through book 5. There is a book 6 coming out eventually but I will not be wasting my time. The first three books were pretty good, there is a lot of character development due to there many many characters but having watched the first season on HBO, it gave me a better idea of what was going on. So I stuck with it. I don't know what the author was thinking but he really lost alot of readers with book 4 and 5. They pertained to the series but he introduced even more characters from out of nowhere....they had nothing to do with any other part of the storyline. I was very disappointed.

I read ALOT so when I posted on Facebook today for suggestions (thanks so much for your suggestions!), I had already read alot of them, hehe I love to read, it is my escape and down time. I sometimes read while the kids nap in the afternoon and always before I go to sleep. I read anything from The Help to Twilight Series and mysteries.

I have spent the last 30 minutes on B&N reading book reviews and seeing what I want to read next. My niece suggested the author, John Green, his books do look good. I added them to my wish list. Along with Sarah's Key and a 1000 Gifts.

I decided to start the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie,
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/matched-ally-condie/1030802839?ean=9780142419779&itm=1&usri=matched%252bmatched%252btrilogy%252bseries%252b1

It was compared to the Hunger Games and I LOVED that series. So I will let you know it is and if it is worth the read :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment