Monday, November 28, 2011

EK! Christmas almost here!!

With the way time flies at my house, I feel like it is next week!! so much to do!!

But first we had a wonderful Thanksgiving in the mountains :-) The drove down there was terrible but we made it :-P Gavin has had a yucky cough for almost 4 weeks now. Originally doc thought it was sinus infections but after 2-3 weeks of antibiotic we decided it must be something viral. And since the rest of us in the house also started coughing....we think that must be correct. Sinus infections are not contagious :-P So lots of coughing = lots of yucky mucus. This sitting on a little person's tummy while sitting in car for long time equals puking, lots of it for 8.5 hours in the car. I wanted to hang my head out the window, the smell makes me nauseous. We opened up all car doors once we got there to air it out, it was bad. I felt awful for Gavin, I just wanted to help him feel better. Once we got out of the car, he was 'fit as a fiddle' as my grandmother would say :-) I called pediatrician who told me I could give him Dramamine for the ride home :-)It worked...the ride home was puke free, whew!!!

We didn't do a thing while in the mountains, a trip to wal mart for some groceries, the cheese shop to get lots of cheese and yummy butter to bring home and freeze until we can get there again and stock up!

My brother,his friend and I wanted to go see The Muppets but the small 2 screen theater there wasn't playing it yet. the movies are FIVE bucks and THREE dollars for matinee! That is great!

Our Thanksgiving meal was very delicious...the fried turkey being my favorite. YUMMY! My brother, Reh, made a yummy buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese (Which I need the recipe for please!!) and a banana pudding. I am no a big fan of banana pudding....its a texture thing. But I tried his and it was pretty good, once I added some more nilla wafers for a little crunch :-P

We came home a day early to avoid the Sunday traffic and to also keep Gavin in the car for as short amount of time as possible, just in case ;-) The house is a disaster. I just feel like I can't get it organized. Whether its toys everywhere, little socks, laundry, gloves, hats, this & that...it is just everywhere. I need it to have a place!

I just can't get it done....if the boys are awake, I tidy up here and there but I need to pull everything out of closets and redo it! Throw things away!!!!

I also need to finish our Christmas cards and the wish list. People are asking what we want and Marcin isn't the easiest to shop for. I have done wish list on Amazon in the past, I love amazon! Except for the fact that they will double or sometimes triple the price of an item around this time of year. Talk about taking advantage. I mean I guess if someone wants it or needs it that badly, sure... but it irks me. This year I noticed I can go to other websites and add to my amazon wish list, LOVE this! I am an online shopper, its really all I have time for. Much easier than working around feeding/nap schedules, taking the chances of at least one melt down at the mall or store ( do I need to remind about the day we went to see Santa?!) and I can do it from the comforts of home with more options. So this year, I made us all wish list on amazon with the boys having the largest list of course :-P

I really like wish list. I used to have the time to browse the stores for cute ideas for birthday's and other gifts but I don't have that time anymore. So I always ask people if they have a wish list set up so I can just go there, pick out something I know they want or need and I am all done! Wish list also help me remember things that I may see while searching for something else. Surely, I am not the only one with this line of thinking :-) Also, gift cards!! Those are great too!

Speaking of shopping, the boys and I were at Wal Mart this morning and this nice, older lady stopped us. I was expected a 'you've got your hands full' comment but instead she tells me, "You are a brave woman!" I asked why she says that and she replied, " I always thought twins would be fun but it scared me. Myself, I had NINE singletons." To that I replied, "SHE was the brave woman!" geez....NINE!

Ok I think I have rambled on enough for now...my mind is going in a 100 directions (as you can see from this blog!) and I need to clean, do laundry, work on christmas cards, and figure out whats for dinner :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment