Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A few of my favorite things...

Today I was thankful for leftovers for dinner because I didn't have to cook :-) And since it was so nice outside we were able to go for a walk and to the park !

I absolutely love this hand and foot cream. It was suggested by someone on a message board and I am always trying to new creams for my hands and especially my feet. A person can only get so many pedicures, plus they are expensive and I don't have much time to go get them all the time. So I like to use this cream at night before bed and put socks on right after. So far this cream is the best I have found and I like to think I have used a lot of differents ones :-P This container lasted me a couple of months so I think it is worth the price :-)
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/body-products/hand-care-products/spa-wisdom-africa-honey-beeswax-hand-foot-butter.aspx

This has been a life saver when trying to 'negotiate' with Gavin to nap or go to bed. A friend of mine suggested this when we were transitioning him to a toddler bed (Thanks Keeley!!!) The "OK to Wake" is brilliant! It has a nap and wake timer, so I can set it with a regular alarm sound or I can set it to turn green. When Gavin needs to nap and tells me " I CAN'T SLEEP MOM!' I simply tell him that he doesn't have to go to sleep, just rest and read his books until his clock turns green. 30 minutes later he is usually asleep, hehe :-) This was also helpful when he wakes up super early and I tell him he can't come out of his room until his clock turns green at 6:30, then it is time to get up out of bed and get ready for the day. It is a little pricey but well worth it! lol It comes with two faces, one green one (as shown) and a pink one :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Onaroo-Wake-Alarm-Clock-Night-Light/dp/B005BR3PFY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320806166&sr=8-2
And its under Amazon Prime, super fast shipping :-) gotta love that!

I have also been trying to find a safe lamp for Gavin to read his books when it is dark in his room. He has a nightlight by his bed but he keeps telling us he can't see his books. So for a few nights we left his big light on and told him when his clock turned green, he needed to turn off the big light. He did pretty well for the most part but then I discovered this light and it is just bright enough to sit on his pillow and provide enough light for him to 'read' his books before falling asleep at night. Not only that but it doesn't get hot and has a 30 minute timer :-)
http://www.amazon.com/Kinderglo-Portable-Rechargeable-Night-Quarter/dp/B0036Z3DDC/ref=pd_sim_e_5
Another amazon prime item but I suggest checking Ebay first because I found ours there for about half this price! This is also useful in our nap or bedtime 'negotiations' :-)

Another favorite is Amazon Prime! It is great!!! Initially I signed up for a trial membership in April LOL They keep extending my 'trial'! The more I order from them that are 'Prime' items or fall under Amazon Mom, I get emails telling me they are extending my membership. Works for me because otherwise it costs $80! :-)

And well, I just love amazon. It is my go to website when I can't find what I am looking for. It has everything. Well except for shoes but i have zappos for that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment