Thursday, November 1, 2012

Almost done!!

Started on our bathroom yesterday....I need one more coat on the back of the cabinet doors which I should be doing now instead of trying finish blog, watching CMA's, checking facebook, chatting with Marcin and texting with my lil brother who found he is having a BABY GIRL!!!! OMG I GET TO BUY PINK THINGS!!!! So very, very, very excited for them and the fact that I get a little niece to spoil rotten because she will be spoiled rotten, no doubt!

Sorry...distracted, back to the bathroom. I used a Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit from Home Depot, AWESOME product.

Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about it. I am usually pretty skeptical of these types of products because it sounded way too good to be true! No sanding necessary. See, too good to be true, right?! It takes a few days because it is a 4 step process but I love the end result! I need to get to Home Depot and find hardware!! This bathroom is going to take a while but I will have it done by Thanksgiving, hopefully!

So Gavin decided he wanted to go trick or treating. He was under the impression that if people came to the house for candy, they could come inside the house and play. He got this idea from Doc McStuffin's. If you haven't seen the halloween epi they show a million times a day on Disney....Doc helps her dad decorate the inside of their house and people come into the 'haunted house.' So Gavin thought this was how it worked. He was sad but quickly recovered once he knew chocolate was in his future. We have a few dress up costumes here so his options were a fireman, spiderman, lion or a robot. He picked a fireman. Jakob and Kaleb only had a choice between a dragon or a tiger. Jakob picked the tiger and Kaleb reluctantly picked the dragon...he was NOT amused by wearing the costume but he came around. Gavin is an old pro at trick or treating so he tried to show his brothers how it worked but they were too distracted and slowing him down, so off he went. Kaleb did great in his cute dragon costume....he walked on the sidewalk carrying his little flashlight and treat bag. Kaleb had to eat a piece a candy as soon as it was put in his treat bag!!! Our passionate child, Jakob, was another story...he was very excited to  wear his costume and looked adorable! He took off running down the sidewalk. He kept bringing me his flashlight, treat bag, wanted me to carry him, would not hold my hand, would not stay on the the sidewalk...RRRRRR. At one point, Marcin was talking to someone, Jakob actually stopped and yelled, "TATA!!!!!!!!" lol I guess Marcin was taking too long :-P We made it back home in time for Gavin to set up his speaker and microphone in front of the front door so he could 'welcome' trick or treaters when we opened the door. LOL Followed by Jakob trying to dig in people's bags and take their candy!!! I am guessing Jakob saw an opportunity while the kids were distracted by a fireman on a microphone greeting them so he could snatch their candy while they weren't looking? oi vey...never a dull moment in my house, never!


It's November 1!!! Let the holidays begin!! Well not officially Christmas until after Thanksgiving but I have a feeling the Elf on the Shelf will be making his appearance well before Thanksgiving :/ Although at one of the houses we stopped at for trick or treating last night, their Christmas tree was already up and FULLY decorated. There was just something completely wrong with that.....you should not be giving out Halloween candy with a Christmas tree in the background....weird.

November also starts NaBloPoMo!!! You get to look forward to a blog from me every day!! This will be challenging...be prepared for some ramblings because my life really isn't that interesting to blog about every day but I am sure I will come up with something whether its a crazy story about one of the boys or a pinterest recipe/project gone bad, lol

ok I have seen Carrie Underwood perform on CMA's, now I can go to sleep.....LOVE her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment