Wednesday, October 31, 2012

He is his father's son.....

LOL On the way to school this morning, Gavin informed me that he didn't want to go trick or treating. He said and I quote, "Mom, I just want to stay home and everyone can come to my house. I will give them candy." Seriously....pretty sure I have heard these exact words from Marcin at some time or another (minus the "mom," obviously:-P)  So we may or may not be trick or treating this evening and honestly....I am fine with that LOL J&K don't understand the concept at their age....I will happily struggle with them to put on their dragon costumes for 5 minutes and watch them run to the door full of excitement because our boys get so darn excited when the door bell rings :-D

Now if this was Gavin's 2nd Halloween ever....you can bet I would make him wear that cute costume I got for him and he would go whether he liked it or not. But as I am learning and I know others are learning....different story with more than one kid. My motivation just isn't what it used to be, HA! And well, Marcin will happily stay home anytime I suggest it so....works for me!

On another note, must thank my fantastic husband for all of his hard work preparing the house for the hurricane!!! We are always pretty nervous about the basement flooding when a heavy rain comes thru...Marcin slightly more than me. If we have done all we can, then I try not to worry because it doesn't help the situation. Marcin...he worries, alot. He rigged up a cover for our basement step to keep the rain out of the there (it worked great and with stood the wind!). He set up the generator in the garage (garage doors WERE open!) and ran all extension cords throughout house for most important things to plug in, including sump pump in basement. I had to crawl back behind the tv (CREEPY and I could only imagine the spiders excitement at fresh meat, EW!) to unplug and plug all this in. Being the awesome wife that I am, I made sure to stop by package store and stock up on Whip Cream Vodka (his fav lately) and later went back for the club soda I forgot. He started drinking at 10:00 a.m. Sunday, HA! hey....whatever works for anxiety, hehe So we made it through the storm safely with no damage that we could see. Those further north were not so fortunate :-( The devastation of mother nature amazes me everytime. I can't watch anymore of the footage...makes me feel helpless. I wish I could help everyone....give them food, place to stay, supplies, etc.

We did manage to finish the boys bathroom over long weekend! I will have to post pics next time. I painted the ugly builder oak cabinets a dark espresso, got a new ruffly shower curtain, super cute rugs at Target on clearance, Marcin added hardward and framed out mirror. It looks MUCH better, HOORAY!!! Yesterday I started on our bathroom! I hope to get the cabinets painted this week! Then frame out mirrors, cabinet hardware, install PB med cabinet that I got for a STEAL on my side so I can put things out of little hands reach ;-)Repaint it, it is a light grey right now, there is a darker grey I want (yep saw it in pinterest!) to repaint, it needs it. This color,


I then want to find some fabric for some type of curtain....can't decide what though. Some pics and wall decor, Eventually new lights and extend the shower but I can work on the other stuff for now. Once this is finished, really hoping to get laundry room more organized, curtains for front door side windows ( I can't stand the sheers over them now but we need some privacy there. I don't like people being able to see in the house:/) So something like this but not with the one long rod, I want to do one small 16 inch rod on each side,

Also a  little sitting nook for guest in our living room.
Perfect spot for this in the 'formal living room' and I pretty much have everything I need to do it, just need to refurbish a few things. Obviously it will only look nice and pretty for about 2.5 seconds because boys will see it as another obstacle course but you have to give me credit for trying! lol

Ideally I want to get this all done before my surgery in january....not sure if it will happen but I am going to try my best!! If kids would stop getting sick, hurricanes stayed away, laundry did itself and boys would share nicely then I might have a chance!

Happy Halloween everyone!! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment