Sunday, November 11, 2012

sweet tea

I love the stuff! I grew up on it....I cannot remember a time in my life when sweet tea wasnt as readily available in my house as water. I suppose this is part of life in the south, hehe

So, of course, I have also always had sweet tea in my house until a couple weeks ago. It was a sad day when I realized my kids were addicted to the stuff. Seriously, I was making at least 2 gallons a week! Eh hem....way too much sugar for our already energetic boys lol Even though I always make decaf tea, the sugar is not helpful. So Marcin decided to cut back also. So I decided to see what life would be like without sweet tea in our house. Being that it hasn't been hot outside, it wasn't too hard to live without it....I missed it. There were days when I REALLY wanted a nice, cold glass of sweet tea. If it were summer....it would be harder to give it up!

Granted, we did survive those two weeks and the boys only asked for it a couple of days and then finally learned to stop asking :-P Hooray for us for surviving but I caved today and made a gallon, omg.....so good! I bet it will be gone by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment