Friday, November 2, 2012

Bathroom pics and need your help!

Well not the best pics because it is hard to get a pic of the entire bathroom but you get the idea :-P

So here are the builder oak cabinets when I started.....
No hardward on them, just plain on cabinets. White rugs and a white shower curtain and really just a hodge podge of things leftover when we moved that would work in there. It also had the really large mirror. We replaced the lighting in there when we moved in. Random but we must have found it on clearance or something lol

So here is after, we added hardware, painted cabinets, framed out mirror with painted molding, new rugs, new shower curtain and I installed towel hooks behind the bathroom door. I know this will come as a surprise to you but the boys all thought the towel rack they could reach was something to hang on, so it was time for that to come down. I also had to remove the toilet paper holder from under the window because they were using it as a step stool to look out window. Wine...anyone have some for me? A case perhaps? lol Anyways, here are the after pics.....

My girly shower curtain (yes this is girly in our house!) and new rugs....
The cabinets with hardware and you can see a little of the mirror.....
Nothing fancy but a big improvement to us!!! We really like the way it turned out!!

Now I need your help picking out fabric for front door side window panels. Remember this pic...

If you missed it, here is a recap. I want to do this but not with one long curtain rod. I want a 16 inch rod on each side to cover the side windows. Here is our front door....rug is cream background with circles in shades of blue, green and brown.
Marcin does not like green so that color is out. The walls are already brown so I decided to look for shades of blue. We narrowed it down to these two fabrics....which do you like the best?! Or maybe neither...that is always an option LOL I am still looking but these are the two we like best so far :-P


Back to my painting upstairs! Thanks for your help!


 

1 comment: