Monday, November 5, 2012

"Will it be Christmas after I rest?"

Gavin is very excited for Christmas! He has been talking about his wish list since July. He wants:
1) Electric guitar
2) wire for electric guitar
3) speaker for electric guitar
4) stand for electric guitar

I kid you not....this is what he tells me just about every day. Persistent, eh? Luckily for him Mama found him a Fender Mini Squire electric guitar on a FB consignment page for a steal in perfect condition. All it needed was a 99 cent string :-) I then found a pretty good amp (with headphone input....WOO HOO!!!) at a yard sale.

So he asked me if it would be Christmas when he was done resting today. I tried explaining to him that christmas was about  100 rests away....he measures most activities in 'rest' times. Afternoon down time = 1 rest time. Bedtime = 1 rest time. So most days are measured in 2 rest times :-)

He didn't want to hear it. He wanted to know when Mr. Christmas (elf on the shelf) would be coming to visit. If it was time to write his letter to Santa and if it we needed to stop by the Christmas tree farm by our house to pick out our tree. Love this kid!!

So in the spirit of Christmas, I let Gavin help me make our wreath for front door. He loved it!! We just used a straw wreath I found at Goodwill for $1, some silver garland, bells and floral pins to attach everything. He had a blast attaching the bells.

Cute, right? Super easy, cost me about $10 and Gavin had a blast. Eh hem...no I did not find this on pinterest!!! I had a similiar wreath in my hand while I was at Joanne's a while back. The price tag on this wreath was $45.00!!! WHAT?! I knew I could make it cheaper than that! Next on my list is to make an advent calendar :-) This idea I did get from pinterest but the tins I wanted to use were $1.29/piece... I need 25, you do the math. I could just buy one and save myself the work. I found clear plastic containers that I can paint and will be perfect! I have all the other supplies so this project will probably cost me around $12.00 and Gavin can help me with that too. Hopefully that will buy Mr. Christmas some time because I...eh hem, HE is not quite ready to get here :-D

I now understand why people with children decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving, their excitment is very contagious! However, I am still sticking to my rule of no Christmas decoration until AFTER Thanksgiving....for now I am sticking to it. Never say never.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment