Tuesday, November 20, 2012

countdowns.....

I have alot of countdowns!

Thanksgiving - 2 days.
How is this possible? When did time begin to go so quickly!? I don't like it. I can still remember clearly as a kid the summers when I was 9 or 10 years old how summers would go on forever and forever. I was bored to death and couldn't wait for school to start. Hmph...note to self, make sure boys appreciate being a child while they can :-)
I am very excited for Thanksgiving! I love to cook and I especially love to cook Thanksgiving! We will be staying in Delaware for the holiday. We felt like the summer was just so hectic that we needed to stay home. I am jealous because my dad and Gay are hosting Thanksgiving at the river house and I know it will be great! Very sad we are going to miss it but I just can't imagine packing up car and driving 12 hours:-P
Our Thanksgiving menu will consist of- Baked brie with cranberries, pecans (Fresh from my grandmother!), roasted red pepper bruschetta, fried turkey, small ham, stuffing & giblet gravy (minus the giblets!) baked mac&cheese, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole, roasted butternut squash, lemon pie, chocolate chip cookies, pecan pie and I am sure Marcin's mom will bring some other yummy dishes :-) It is going to be a good eatin' day! I can't wait! lol

Christmas - 30 days.
WHAT?! I am proud to say I finished shopping for boys in September, WOOT! I am also proud to say that most of their gifts were from consignment. Yep you read that right. Toys in perfect condition for a steal, I do love to save some money! I just need to get some of their stocking stuffers. Marcin and I aren't exchanging anything big this year. There are a lot of house projects like expanding our shower and granite in kitchen that we hope to do, so those will be our gifts to each other. Also our stocking stuff. I need to get started on my baking and family gifts, after Thanksgiving. One thing at a time!
Is it bad that I am not looking forward to decorating for Christmas? I love it but I hate taking it all down and putting it away. We are going to have the tree within every ones reach this year....anyone want to start a bet on how many times it will go crashing to floor? LOL I am really hoping for zero :-P

My *gulp* 35th birthday, ACK! - 37 days. January 1
Let's discuss this....how in the hell am I so close to 35?! That is old (Reh...I don't need any of your comments here, I am well aware, thank you very much!). I don't feel that old....although my primary doc is quick to point out my age when I complain of my knees making a weird noise up and down steps, my back hurting, arms falling asleep while I sleep, being tired all the time.....she says this is all natural process of aging. hmph. I need to find a new doctor who will prescribe me a placebo pill to make me feel like my concerns are warranted lol Other than that, I don't feel old. I look around me at people who are older and they don't seem old either. It is just the number 35....halfway to 40. Any chance 35 is the new 25?!
I wonder what fabulous party Marcin has planned for my 35th birthday? ****WINK WINK**** I am sure he understands what a milestone this is and how we MUST celebrate, right honey? I am also certain he has already started planning the shin dig, I have the best hubby ever!

Tummy tuck - 47 days. January 11
Excited. Nervous. Scared. Relieved. Terrified. My pre-op appt is 12/24. My thoughts on the surgery shift from day to day. I know in the end I will be happy I did it but my lord the recovery scares me to death! Surgeon said recovery will be worse than c-section recovery due to him repairing my abdominal wall muscles (aka...putting them back together). Apparently the muscles healing is what causes the most pain and I will be walking like a hunchback for a few days because I won't be able to stand up straight. Lovely.

It seems like so long ago I scheduled this and now it is less than 2 months away. They are going to have to give me a Valium or something to take 24 hours before surgery so I will be calm enough to show up! Kidding...I will show up because I will have already given them money by then LOL

A friend suggested a website, www.realself.com that has alot of forums and before/after pics of all sorts of plastic surgeries. While I know better and I should have skipped the pictures, I am sucker for before/after pics. I love them!Weight lost, makeovers.....and now plastic surgery. Some women were posting pics from a day or two after their surgery.....EK! Their tummies literally looked like mrs. frankenstein with stitching from hip to hip. Surgeon said this would be the incision but it will be below bikini line. He then said I should in a bikini by summer....whats that? a bikini? we shall see :-P A friend asked me if I would post before/after pics because she too loves them, knowing how much I like to see progress, I might but I am on the fence. I will definitely be taking them along with measurements because I am curious how many inches I will lose from my waist. On realself.com, I will say that the post-surgery 10-12 week shots looked great. Maybe I should just concentrate on those?

I am five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight with twins. The more weight I lose ( I haven't lost anymore weight since August), the worse my 'kangaroo pouch' became. I have not tried any ab exercises because after my first consult with surgeon, he said it was a waste of time. While some of my muscles in my abdominal wall are attached, most are not.They were ripped apart by two big, healthy baby boys :-) Surgeon also believes that once he repairs my stomach muscles, it may alleviate some of the back pain I constantly have. Below are my post from my first consult with surgeon and then a nice before/after pic of abdominal wall.

http://michalskifive.blogspot.com/2011/06/abdominoplastyscary-stuff.html

http://michalskifive.blogspot.com/2011/08/it-has-name-diastasis-recti.html

In the meantime, I feel like I need to prepare like I did for all my babies to be born by making lots of freezer meals, numerous trips to BJ's to buy bulks of paper products, frozen pizza and dinosaur chicken nuggets and get things ready! I got a cleaning service for Mothers Day and she is scheduled to come 2 days before surgery so that is set :-)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and happy thanksgiving everyone! I will be busy cooking for next 3 days so probably no blogging. I suck at the blogging everyday. I just can't do it....it is just too much effort sometimes to get off couch and get my computer. However, I am aiming for 2-3 times a week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment