Sunday, November 4, 2012

coffee cup #3

Thankfully the boys cooperated this morning! We had a serious discussion last night before bed that I really needed them to sleep until at least 6:00 a.m., especially since coincidentally Marcin spent last evening in DC for a friends bachelor's party.....convenient right? AND he gets to sleep in and go to Redskins/Eagles game at 1:00, hmph. I think I will plan a night away next year for the fall back time change :-P

So it is only 8:45....I feel like it should be at least 10:30. This stinks, thank goodness I got a good nights sleep. I would love to get some cleaning done or work on my ongoing projects. I have learned to set very small, super tiny goals when boys are running around. I can never finish anything when I want...most days I can accept this with little fuss. Some days, not so much. I just want to finish a project in a timely manner. It is just impossible to do with 3 little ones wanting to help you. Bless their little hearts that they just want to help and learn, I do my best to be patient because I know its just curiousity but the non-stop talking wears me out! lol Gavin helped me paint the med cabinet the other day...I let him paint the back, he had a blast and kept telling me how cool it was. J&K were sleeping. I would never let them near a can of paint! lol Kaleb likes to use the little vacuum and do the rugs. He also wipes the table down pretty well. Jakob will bring me things to put away but thats about it, hehe Gavin is a great helper with pretty much anything we ask him to do unless he gets distracted, hehe

So here we are...yes my children are watching tv while I type this. Don't judge, its the only way I can get them to sit still and not argue over something for 20-30 minutes. It is a much needed break after our morning of adventures in the basement :-P

Thank you all for your help with the front door curtain! I like the circle one but I thought it would be too many circles for that area with the rug having circles also :/  Now I just need to find a coupon or hope website has a sale on the fabric. I was back at Joanne's yesterday and found another fabric I want to use for bathroom curtains. Initially I thought it would work for the front door but I prefer it for our bathroom. I am also going to attempt a DIY bench cushion..wish me luck. It may be a disaster but I found a few on pinterest that don't involve sewing so I think I can manage lol I wish I remembered how to sew :/ My grandmother taught me growing up but that was a long time ago :-P I remember buying a sewing machine shortly after Marcin and I got married. I tried it and became so irriated with it that I returned it. Thank goodness my MIL can sew and my good friend is willing to help me out with my lack of sewing skills :-)

Hmmmm.....the boys didn't even last the show. They all went to basement. Gavin tells me, "Mom, you don't need to come downstairs. You can finish on your computer. I am going to close the door, ok?' You stay upstairs." This could only mean one thing...and he just came upstairs to make sure I was still 'working' on computer. Going to check......oi vey, first I walk to the door and there are little white footprints on floor upstairs. Then I walk downstairs to this,


LOL Was I really just talking about how they were such helpers at cleaning up things? The entire canister of styrofoam balls and dust was dumped onto floor/rug :/  J&K used their sock mops to help clean up the dust. Gavin got the small vacuum and helped me clean up also.

Good thing I did NOT clean the floors yesterday like I wanted to, otherwise I would be pissed!!!

Finally it is 10:00!!! WOO HOO!!! Getting closer to nap time, lol enjoy your day!

 

1 comment:

  1. What are styrofoam balls? I can't picture what would have made that mess! Bathroom looks great.

    ReplyDelete