Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My amazing Goodwill find!

I don't do the Black Friday shopping or I guess we should call it 5 Days a Week Black Friday since really the sales started 4-5 days early? Sorry but that takes all the fun out of it! lol Anyways....I won't start on that tangent.

This past Saturday Goodwill in Delaware was having 50% all clothing items. Mind you....kids clothing is already usually btw $2-8 depending on which location and what you are buying so this was a great deal! I had planned to make a morning of it and browse around to see if I could find any good spring/summer things for boys ( I did but more on that later).

The Elkton Goodwill store is 10 minutes from my house and I haven't been there in a long time. I thought I'd stop in and see if there was anything good whether it be frames I can paint, clothes/shoes for kids, toys, etc. As soon as I walk in, its like the heavens opened and the sun was shining on one item....a Roland td-5 V electric drum set.



Pretty sure I don't need to tell you about Gavin's love of drums but he really and I mean really loves the electric drums. He first discovered these at drum school and he loved them. Unfortunately for him, they were sold at a nice hefty price of $1100. Gavin would ask me if he could have some electric drums someday and I always told him that they cost alot of money so probably not anytime soon:-(

So you can possibly imagine my unbelievable excitement when I saw this set at Goodwill. I thought surely the price would be way too much (even at Goodwill) and a lady was browsing around them talking on her phone and started telling her friend about them....WHAT?! No no no no no....these drums were mine! If only I could see the darn price tag! She walked away for a few minutes and I snatched the tag off of them to give to cashier, hehe. I was shocked that the price tag said only $40!!!! I thought surely it couldn't work or was missing a major component. It had clearly been in a corner or storage for a while and needed a good cleaning. i needed an amp or headphones to listen to them...oh yes, electric drums have a headphone input, aaaaaahhhhh silence while Gavin drums away. I had to run to Big Lots to get a cheap pair of headphones, switch cars ( I was in fun car) and I came back to hook this sucker up. IT WORKED! From my research on google, it also seemed to have all the parts. I text Gavin's drum teacher to tell him what I 'd found and if there was something I was missing here. I sent him the pics and specs, he said it all looked to be there and if it worked, I had found and incredible deal because this drum set costs btw $500-1200 depending on the condition. The motherboard alone is currently $160 on ebay. This exact set was selling on ebay for $800. I told you it was an amazing deal. I am still excited about finding it 4 days later! Gavin is going to be over the moon excited when he sees this....he probably won't get it until his birthday because 1) he doesn't need it right now 2) it is better for him to learn more on the acoustic drums 3) where the heck are we going to put it? I guess we need to build an additional room on our house and pad the walls for Gavin's music room lol

I found some other great deals this day also once I recovered from my excitement :-) I bought 34 items mostly Underarmour, Carters, Gap, Old Navy, Sonoma, Madden Girl (super cute NEW sandals for $8!), tanks from Target NWT, some large PJ pants for me to have for after my surgery and a really nice fleece lined Gap coat for Gavin (not for a couple years but in such great shape I couldn't pass up) all for the grand total of $36.75. Nice, huh?

It was a fantastic shopping day for me :-) I also did a little Cyber Monday shopping to check some family Christmas gifts off my list, more great deals. It just makes me so happy!!!!!

1 comment: