Monday, November 12, 2012

Toddler beds for twins....

I am NOT looking forward to this transition and hope to put it off for as long as we can! lol Even though I look at J&K and they seem so big in their cribs. I feel like they both can crawl out if they wanted to but *knocking on lots of wood* they haven't yet. Gavin never did.....he never even attempted it. We moved him to a toddler bed right before his 3rd birthday!

I sold both of our pack n plays because I had them put out in basement when the hurricane came thru, just in case we needed to sleep down there. They discovered them and climbed right in.....and over....and from one to the other. They had a great time! However, I did not. I was not ready for that. I was ready to sell them and get them out of the house but where will they sleep when we go somewhere?!

So that got me to thinking about toddler beds for two kids at once. Gavin was awesome once we moved him. He stayed in his room and played until he was ready for sleep. He wouldn't stay in bed and we found him in various places throughout his room asleep but he wasn't a kid who would try to leave his room repeatedly. Jakob, I will admit...I am a little anxious to think what he will do with the freedom to roam his room. I can see him being the one to climb onto his dresser and use his room as a romper room! I know for a fact he will not stay in bed and will take a while to go to sleep. We are going to have to put safety locks on everything in his room and remove everything! HA!!! I am not as anxious for Kaleb but being that he loves to 'BIG jump' off everything and has no fear, I am little worried about what he will discover to get into. Kaleb doesn't play around with his sleep....I think he will stay in bed and go to sleep.

They are not in the same room....me, being the sleep nazi that I am, was to worried they would wake one another up. I know everyone says twins learn to sleep through it but I couldn't take the chance. We had an extra room upstairs we were using as a guest room and thankfully we had recently finished our basement with a spare room. So we did two nurseries upstairs and moved guest room to basement. Their rooms are across the hall from each other though so I envision them yelling back and forth once they figure this out, hehe

As always, should be an interesting transition (That we hopefully won't make until another year!)

1 comment:

  1. We were going to do it last week. I chickened out after visiting my sister!

    ReplyDelete