Friday, July 29, 2011

Sippy Cups and Peanut butter!

Outside of nap/bedtime schedules, these have been my biggest stressors with J&K :-) And of course we can now add potty training to that list *sigh*

Gavin was not easy to take a sippy. We tried every spout cup on the market...seriously, I had ALOT! He didn't like any of them. HMPH Then one day we were out to eat and the server brough him a drink with a lid and straw, he surprised us both by drinking from it! I was so excited I immediately ran out to buy straw sippy cups! Then came the challenge of getting him to drink milk, oh vey :-P

So with J&K, I just started out with the straw sippy! I've been giving it to them for about 3 months here and there, with more consistency the past 2 or 3 weeks and low and behold...THEY GOT IT!!! Took Jakob a little longer but yesterday he had it down AND they are both liking milk :-) Seriously, I love being a mom the 2nd time around  :-)




And then this morning Gavin was having a snack with his Ritz Peanut Butter Crackers and being the awesome big brother that he is decided to share with Jakob :-) To say he liked them is an understatement...I don't think I have seen him eat anything with such excitement!!!

I have been meaning to try them with peanut butter so I am not worried, just need to watch him for reaction. Gavin had peanut butter close to a year as well.

J&K are doing so much and into so much but I am saving all those details for their 11 MONTH blog post....good lord! It feels like a dream they are a month away from a year...I am super impressed with Marcin and I making it this far and we still retain most of our sanity :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment