Monday, July 18, 2011

Gavin's Birthday Weekend!

It is safe to say that he had a great weekend....his lack of sleep and grumpiness is proof of that LOL

Friday we headed to Hulabaloo with another friend and he had a blast! Not to mention we were the only one there, even better!!! It isn't too difficult to keep up with the older kids there but less stressful when you hear the air gun shooting and know it has to be one of your kids :-)

Saturday Gavin had his friend party at the Itty Bitty Playroom in Middletown. Our thinking...or I guess Marcin would probably say my thinking was that since J&K's birthday is only a couple months after Gavin's, I wanted to break it up a bit. Two parties at our house within 2 months seemed too similiar. So we (I) thought we would try a party at an indoor place. Overall, the kids had a blast!!! Gavin did not want us to sing Happy Birthday. I talked him into it by bribing him with a cupcake but he was not having it! Interesting....But the kids played hard and I think it is safe to assume that everyone got a full night's sleep out of the older kids :-) I am not going to bore you with details of my thoughts on the party.....the important thing is that the kids had fun. However, we won't be doing another party there. I think we stick with the house for a while. The kids would have had as much here with a pool, bounce house and the play set :-)


CHEESE!


 
J&K had fun too!! they were eating some pizza...they ate the entire party!

Sunday was BUSY!!!! I thought I had most of the cooking and things done for the little party but apparently I misjudged things because I was in the kitchen all morning! And then got kids down for nap and ran out to get ice cream cake and a couple other things. Whew...but we did it :-) And everyone seemed to enjoy themselves :-)

And as you might have guessed, we were not allowed to sing Happy Birthday today either! I got out the cake and Gavin immediately started telling me "no singing mommy!" "NO SINGING!" geez...ok I get it. So we managed to get him to at least agree to blow out the candles with his Godmother Kalina. I made some cupcakes...nothing special but I thought they turned out cute,



Gavin wasn't able to fall asleep until almost 10:00 p.m.! He was just too excited and hopped up on sugar from his ice cream cake and cupcakes.....now that's a good birthday, don't you agree?!

aw our sweet birthday boy!
He loves his new bike!


and his father...what can I say? I WAS warned :-P This is Gavin's cape by the way......

We are very blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family! I wish we could invite everyone but we have found in the past that the larger parties were just too overwhelming for us all : / Add two cute little 10.5 months old and whew!

I am still exhausted today! But excited to get started on J&K's party.....don't know what to do. They obviously aren't into anything special right now but balls and wheels :-P I need to get creative!

I need to go to bed....I have a long day of potty training tomorrow :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment