Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yummy and EASY dinner recipe! ~ Quesadilla Casserole

I am always looking for easy and quick meals to make! This one can be made well in advance, in stages...whatever works for you! And it freezes pretty well, enjoy! I would take a picture like all those cute recipe blog sites but I don't have time for all that! Although I am making this for dinner tonight.....maybe later I will post pic but trust me...its yummy! Especially topped with some sour cream and salsa!

Quesadilla Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion
2 cans 8oz tomato sauce
1 15oz can black beans rinsed
1 8.75oz can of whoel kernel corn
1 can chopped green chilies, 4.5oz
6 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese....I use mozzarella and cheddar
2 tsp chili powder
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

Brown the beef, add rest of ingredients and stir, simmer for about 10 minutes.

Spread beef mixture in bottom of dish, top with tortillas until covered, layer of cheese and repeat until you run out of beef mixture.
Bake@350 for 15-25 minutes :-)

1 comment:

  1. sounds really good! i may have to try that! i am ALWAYS looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete