Monday, April 25, 2011

What a fun weekend!!!

And week! Last week my Dad and Gay were here ALL week :-) It was so fun to have them here! Gavin loves his Pop Pop and Gigi and J&K had a great time smiling and laughing at everyone :-) Gay and I got out one afternoon for some much needed shopping....I <3 the Loft! And especially their 40% everything sales, I found some really cute stuff and good deals! Surprisingly so because clothes just don't fit the same with the 'twin skin' hanging around my middle but thats a story for another day :-P

While they were here Marcin and I got a date night too, WOO HOO!!! And I finally got the swagger wagon maintenance done :-P

Then this weekend we had the Easter basket blessing on Saturday morning that Gavin and I went too. It is a Eastern European tradition that Marcin's family introduced me too and it is so much fun! Basically you fill your basket with some of your favorite foods and other foods that are symbolic of various things and we added the boys blankies, peanut butter crackers (Gavin's fav) and some of J&K's baby food, hehe. There are only about 20 or so people at the service but its fun because everyone shares their heritage and how they came to this tradition. While it is primarily Eastern European there were people there from India, Spain, Brazil and Albania who have come to learn this tradition and decided to join in :-)

Saturday Agnieszka and Kalina took Gavin to see Elmo which he seemed to love...whether he loved the actually show or all the SPEAKERS and lights is hard to say but he had fun :-)

Sunday was church in the morning and all 3 boys did fabulous in church! Even though they started 30 minutes late...RRRRR That irks me because its not OUR problem people can't show up on time...mass was same time as it is every sunday, hmph! Then home for naps and off to Marcin's parents house to eat.

Today Gavin went with Marcin to work for a bit and I stayed home to clean up and hang out with J&K and then to the grocery store. I took Jakob with me to the store, he smiled at EVERYONE whose eye he caught...too cute :-) He wasn't quite ready to sit forward in the cart...still needs his legs to balance him out, but he had fun all the same!
While Jakob and I were at the store, I get a text from Marcin (who I left with Kaleb awake and Gavin going to sleep). When I left Marcin was going out on the deck to get some sun and was taking Kaleb. I said it might be fun for Kaleb to hang out in the duck for a bit in the cool water. Marcin said Kaleb didn't like sitting in the duck so this was his solution.....
Yes I know....you all warned me LOL

2 comments: