Sunday, February 27, 2011

Push presents....

Wikipedia: A push present (also known as a "push gift" or "baby bauble") is a present a new father gives a new mother when she gives birth to their child. In practice the present may be given before or after the birth, or even in the delivery room. The giving of push presents has grown in the United States in recent years.

I think this tends to be more of a southern tradition, when I moved to Delaware and Gavin was born, alot of people I knew hadn't really heard of push presents. Did you get a push present? Even though I didn't really 'push', I had a c-section both times, but still carrying gavin and then the twins counts for something right?

Of course, I had to introduce Marcin to them, hehe! When Gavin was born I got a beautiful necklace that I rarely wear because I am worried something will happen to it : / Plus with the babies it hard for me to wear necklaces often because they are always grabbing it, pulling and if they lay their head down, it might bother them.

For the twins, I asked Marcin if I could get something to celebrate all the boys :-) Well my 3 littlest boys, not including my oldest Marcin lol I have always wanted a piece of jewelry with all my kids birthstones. I decided a right hand ring would be perfect! So I set about finding somewhere to design my ring and discovered the boys birthstones lol I am not good with what birthstones go with what month. I have known Gavin's was a ruby but I didn't know the twins ( bad mommy!), turns out the twins birthstone is a sapphire. So when I put the ring together, there is a ruby in the center and a sapphire on each side....it looks a little patriotic with the red, blue and then some white diamonds but beautiful all the same! Nothing wrong with being patriotic...while the country has our issues, I am thankful for the opportunities provided here but that is another blog post :-P

So I am anxiously awaiting for the ring to be ready....another week or so and should be!

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know there was a specific name for it. i know i was talking to jason about one day getting something along the same lines after we have all of the kids we want to have. braydens birth stone is an opal (yuck) lol.
    but for christmas i did get a chain link charm bracelet and a heart charm with his name and birthday on it. it's pretty and i can wear it every day. and with each addition to the family (hopefully) we will add a charm

    ReplyDelete