Sunday, February 13, 2011

Clearing it out!

I am slowly but surely selling baby stuff, maternity clothes, baby clothes, etc. I just want it OUT! I feel like there is so much clutter in our house and it drives me nuts!  It doesn't help that all the baby equipment is so bulky and awkwardly sized, hmph! Like you can miss it in the bright primary colors and ADD noise makers and such :-P

I listed 28 items of clothing yesterday on ebay :-D It took me about an hour...these people that sell so much on ebay must have a lot of patience, that is seriously a full time job! And some of the things I listed 2-3 shirts together! But it was all Gap & Motherhood, good stuff! I thought about donating but if I sell all that I will make a little over $100, seems worth it to me! I donated some of the other off brand stuff. And some other baby stuff like my Bjorn and little things here and there!

I have sold a lot on Craigslist, YAY!!! I was a little hesitant about strangers coming to the house but so far no weirdos have shown up on my doorstep *knocking on wood*

Now I need to list some baby clothes! I have 3 separate bins of baby clothes!
1) for friends! I have 3 friends expecting end of august/beginning of september so the good stuff will be split between them...well if they have boys. I am predicting they will all have girls but more on that later!
2) stuff for ebay
3) stuff for goodwill

I am going to try to sell the baby clothes in 'lots' on ebay, meaning a few items at a time. I  need to do some research to see how much others are selling their 'lots' for. again, time consuming but if I make $50-100 on it, worth it!

And I feel like Craiglist or Ebay are better options for clothing and such instead of a yard sale simply because I can charge a bit more. I know when I shop yard sales I take a little bit of money because yard sales are usually cheap. Ebay you can pay with credit card, much easier to charge more than $2 a shirt when you can just 'charge it' hehe

So my thoughts on my friends having girls....When I was pregnant with Gavin, everyone I knew that was pregnant around that time all had boys! Then there was a phase of girls. When I was pregnant with the twins, everyone I knew pregnant around that time had boys too! Seriously...out of 16 people I knew pregnant, all boys but one (miss maggie!). So since I am NOT pregnant nor do I  have any intentions of getting pregnant, this time around I think everyone will have girls! Which is great because that way I can buy lots of pink girly princess stuff and get it out of my system!

No comments:

Post a Comment