Saturday, February 5, 2011

is that a shadow?

When I got pregnant with the twins...I went in for an u/s at 5.5 weeks. There was one sac. Marcin came with me to the first u/s and he asked the doc repeatedly if that meant there was just one LOL The doctor said that yes for now there was just one BUT there was still time for another to implant or the egg to split...who knew?!

I went back for my 6.5 week u/s on this day one year ago...Marcin didn't go with me because this being our 2nd pregnancy, the novelty was sort of worn for him (I guess :-P) so I went by myself. My two favorite nurses came in to do the u/s, as soon as she started I saw the sac from my 5.5 week u/s and then I saw another one, I said 'Is that a shadow?' LOL The nurse said 'Um nope...that would be another baby!' WHAT?!

I swear I almost fell off the exam table, a million thoughts went through my head at once and I started to cry :-) I was happy and I just couldn't believe we had been blessed with TWO babies!

Marcin was in a meeting that morning and it lasted f.o.r.e.v.e.r.....I was waiting for him to get out and that was THE longest wait ever! So in the meantime I went to get some goodies to leave on his desk..I got a pack of Doublemint gum, some double heart candies and Sugar Babies candy :-) And a note to call me :-)

He finally called and I told him it was twins and for the first time since I met him...he was speechless LOL I don't think he really believed me, but I had had a few hours to let it sink it hehe He said he needed to call me back in a little while LOL

And that was the beginning of our crazy adventure! And what a pregnancy it was....6 trips to triage, alot of days trying to entertain gavin when I could hardly walk, the aches & pains, trying to find clothes that fit me at the end, the endless nights, 2 weeks of constant contractions 24 hours a day, much help from family to play with gavin and just clean our house and they were born at 37 weeks healthy. I can't ask for much more than that!

Gavin shared the exciting news!


Baby A - Kaleb

Baby B - Jakob

1 comment:

  1. That story just cracks me up. Chris too, but I think in more of a better you than me kinda way ;)
    PS - Gav looks so young there!!! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete