Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday to me!!!!

I just realized I haven't posted since Christmas Eve...I feel like that was just a couple days ago but it was a week! Time flies!!

I will rewind a bit to Christmas :-) It was so much fun with the boys! Gavin was really into it this year and would jump up and down when he saw the "big brown truck" outside the house (which I will admit was every day leading up to Christmas Day, ek!). Last year he would always ask "WHATS IN DA BOX?!" This year, he automatically assumed it was for him and only him. The best was when the UPS guy showed up to the front door with a huge box. All the boys were in the foyer by the front door and I was in the kitchen. I knew the UPS truck was outside but I didn't think anything of it. Suddenly I hear, "MOMMA!!! I WANT TO RIDE THE TRAIN!!!!!! MOMMY! MOMMY!! MOMMY COME SEE!" I go to the foyer and see  three little head looking out the window and the UPS guy has eyes as wide as saucers! This was in the big box and there was nothing covering the big picture of a train on the box :-P
I opened the door a crack the he asked me if I would like him to put it by the garage and I said yes please :-) Thankfully they all forgot about it by the time they woke up from their naps :-P

We went to church on Christmas Eve....it was crazy! The church was packed and there were no seats by the time we got there. We didn't expect to really sit still anyways so we were prepared to stand. We actually were offered seats by 3 different people, so thoughtful! I know you all know I have mentioned that I don't experience this often around here :-P One person was a young guy around 15 or 16, very nice young man :-)
There were no meltdowns, just a lot of running around after J&K. Gavin sat in the stroller and just chilled out with his snacks :-D Then we went to Marcin's parents for Christmas at their house. And then Christmas Day we were able to stay home, take our time opening presents, playing and just relaxing. Then we had family over that afternoon for brunch, it was a good day!

We had a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait for next year when J&K are able to get more into it. Jakob thoroughly enjoyed ripping tissue paper! Kaleb would just scream with excitement when he saw something new. Gavin wanted to open everything in sight and then get more to open :-) It was so much seeing it through a child's eye, make it all brand new again!

And now it is New Years Eve and here I sit, blogging :-D Exciting times LOL Life changes a bit with 3 little ones. I can remember a handful of times that Marcin and I have done something for New Years Eve and they were fun. But the past 4 or 5 years, we have stayed in and cooked crab legs. I guess it has become a bit of a tradition. We like it....less expensive, less people and the drunk drivers make me nervous. There was a time when I wanted the opposite....expensive, more people the better and I was the drunk one, not driving though! I can remember one New Years I went to Epcot with my friend Lauren...so much fun!!! With the time zones, each country celebrated New Years at different times and then people would find out January 1 was my birthday and shots would be lining the bar. Then another time my friend Michelle and I went to Orlando to bring in the year 2000 and the hotel actually left us a gallon of water and flashlight outside our door. LOL  Y2K! geez...so silly but fun! I have some wonderful memories and I am continuing to build memories with my family. I wouldn't change a thing :-)

Most people like to start their New Years Resolutions. Eh....I like to think about things like that but I have to admit I am not that great at sticking with them. Maybe that could be one of my resolutions this year, hehe There are always things I want to change, work on and set goals for. 2011 was a great year....I am hoping for 2012 to be a good one also!

A friend of mine shared this on Facebook today and I love it,

Eight resolutions for the rest of your life:
1. I will do my best every day to be kind to my self, my family and my kids.

2. I will remember that I’m raising the child in front of me, not the one in the book or the movies and I’m not re-raising myself.
...
3. I will remind myself during the good times and the bad ones that this is a moment, not forever. Cherish it, value it or just get through it.

4. I will not micro manage my partner or husband by expecting him to parent my way.

5. I will not let a little mess and chaos ruin everything.

6. I will simplify, simplify, simplify, realizing that nothing needs to be all that complicated.

7. I will remember to speak to my child as politely as I expect him to speak to me. If I wouldn’t use that voice with my friend or coworker, why would I use it with my child.

8. I will forgive myself for occasionally losing my mind, temper and cool because nobody needs a perfect mother.


I am going to try really hard to stay up and see the ball drop not only for the New Year but for my birthday :-D geez....I will be turning 34 years old in 1.5 hours. hmph...I don't feel 34. Well I guess some days I feel it. I definitely don't feel the same way I did at 24 :-P When I was 24, 34 felt much older than I feel now, ha!

When I was younger, my best friend and I Michelle would stay up every New Years Eve/Day until 3:35 a.m. (the time I was born) and wish me happy birthday and crash into bed! I was always told I was the 2nd New Years baby born in Savannah, Georgia. The first baby got $100 and I got $50. Dad, is this true?!  New Years Day is a fun day for a birthday! Everyone celebrates with you, doesn't get much better than that!

Why is Carson Daly still hosting a New Years Eve show? We are watching the Ryan Seacrest Times Square....I think it is safe to say that Jenny McCarthy has had some work done. That or she just irks me to begin with, ugh.

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope that 2012 is a healthy, prosperous year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment