Thursday, December 22, 2011

really? Christmas in just 3 days?

Today is gorgeous out! It really feels like a South Carolina December day....makes me feel better :-) We had quite a productive morning! Gavin and I (well....ME) made some sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms. I am pretty sure peanut butter blossoms are my favorite cookie. I mean, does like get any better than peanut butter AND chocolate? Gavin made a huge mess with the flour...such is life, he had fun. Works for me :-D J&K were napping. After they woke up we went to Wal- Mart so Gavin could get a gift for Jakob, Kaleb and Marcin. I have no doubt he understands the 'getting' part of Christmas gifts but he seems to be a bit confused on the 'giving' so I thought we would get started on that :-P Wal-Mart of course, was a lil crazy. Then we went to grocery store...also crazy. All of this we got done and were back home in within 2 hours...that to me is impressive :-D

Gavin had a tough time getting dressed this morning. As a matter of fact, he flat out refused. I guess we can officially say Gavin has finally discovered that it is fun to run around the house in his birthday suit....and cape.

And as you can seem he proudly smiled for the camera LOL He is such a goof ball! And in a much better mood today. Yesterday was a rough day, to say the least. I lost my patience with Gavin a couple of times and had to put myself in time out. I yelled at him. I rarely lose my patience like that. I felt awful and guilty but the kid was pushing every.single.one.of.my.buttons and then some. He wasn't listening, he was pushing, hitting, taking toys, etc. It was just one thing after another. So to see him in a better today was nice and much appreciated. I feel like he may be done with napping. It used to be he slept from 9-6:30 and then napped from around 1-3/3:30. The past month or so, he goes to bed at 8:30 but wouldn't fall asleep til 9:30/10:00 and then wake up at 7:30a.m. Of course, he still wanted a nap around 2-4:00 (if I would let him, I usually woke him up at 3:30) but then the cycle begins again and he doesn't fall asleep until later. So this week I've tried something new. He still has his 'rest' time in his room for about 1.5 hour with his books, singing, jumping, yelling at people on the street from his window. He still gets in bed btw 8:00/8:30 but he is asleep within 10 minutes until 7:30/8:00a.m.....this works for me :-) he is happy, we are happy!

Jakob seems like he would like to drop to one nap but just depends on the day. Kaleb is not even close to dropping to one nap :-P He will skip his a.m. nap if we are doing something and snooze for a few minutes in the car. But they both seem to prefer an hour morning nap and a 1.5/2 hour afternoon nap. Who am I to argue with that? All the boys are great sleepers so I cannot complain and I am not one to discourage napping :-)

Yesterday Kaleb had me laughing so hard! The Sprout channel was on tv and I was in kitchen cleaning up. Kaleb was sitting in his usual spot when watching tv (=0....the horror, YES they watch TV!), he likes to sit on the ottoman in front of couch. The weirdo Wiggles came on and suddenly Kaleb starts crying with tears streaming down his face....he was running away from the TV and into the kitchen and kept looking back at the TV like the Wiggles were scaring him. Smart kid :-D Kaleb has been really funny lately with imitating us and laughing out loud more. He is more of a grinner and quiet laugher, so it is cute to hear him laugh. He loves Gavin...he watches him in complete amazement, I love it! He is giving high fives and finally will Sign when he is 'all done.' I have only been doing it for the past 6 months :-P

And then later that afternoon, Kaleb was watching tv...yep again. Gavin comes along and says, "I want to sit by Kaleb." I said sure. So Gavin gets on the ottoman and is being his rough, energetic self. I explained that he cannot push Kaleb while he is sitting on the ottoman because he will fall and get hurt. I get the typical deer in head lights look. Gavin then tells me he wants to hold Kaleb's hand. I said that sounded like a fabulous idea.
How cute are they?!
I won't get into the whole tv&children debate. Our kids watch TV. They don't sit in front of it all day long but they do watch it. It allows me to cook dinner without the being under my feet and keep everyone calm without fighting for 10 minutes. So yep...they watch it. Feel free to judge, it is what it is ;-)

I took Jakob back to the pediatrician yesterday because he has been wheezing since Saturday and  the nebulizer treatments weren't working. I hated going back...Sometimes I feel like they think I am that crazy mom but seriously, do you think I want to lug all 3 kids to the doctors office and entertain them while waiting? um...not really. I think Gavin knew I had lost all patience with him so he was really good while we were there lol Jakob has another ear infection in both ears. He just had one in the right ear after Thanksgiving. Now the tube is falling out of the right ear. Which I find ironic because I have noticed that he has fiddled with his right ear ever since the surgery. I have to wonder if the placement wasn't 100% or something like that. But we will wait and see if he get more ear infections before replacing that tube. I was REALLY hoping to get through the winter with all tubes staying in place *sigh*

Jakob is taking it like a trooper. He is still sleeping pretty well. He was pretty cranky the past couple of days but he is also cutting a bottom tooth , so I figured that played a part. I cannot imagine when Jakob starts cutting his molars. He is sooooo very dramatic about everything, so I have a feeling we (I) will be having some not so great nights once he starts cutting molars. Jakob gets his drama from his father, truly...he really does.

Other than that, Gavin and Kaleb seem to be healthy!! YAY!!!!! Jakob is hopefully on his way. Marcin and I are healthy too!!! Finally....2 months later we are healthy, sheesh. At least it is in time for Christmas :-)

Oh and some other good news for today....I got on the scale this morning and I have somehow miraculously lost another pound, putting me at 15lbs total! I was shocked and very excited to see that scale reflecting 159! My ideal weight would be between 145-150, that is a good weight for my height at 5'8. I am pretty sure I can do that within the next 2-3 months, WOO HOO!!!!

I guess I should start wrapping some of the pile of Christmas presents we have hidden downstairs! There are also a few things to put together.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment