Friday, December 9, 2011

Whew...what a week!

TGIF!!!!

I feel like I just can't get caught up. Christmas is in just TWO WEEKS!!!!! Thanksgiving snuck up on me and I feel like Christmas is doing the same. One minute, I felt like I had plenty of time to get things done and now I am stressed that I don't have enough time *sigh*

Oh but wait....if Christmas is in two weeks, that means my birthday is in three weeks, hehe :-D Are you reading this Marcin? I like to count down and constantly remind him because my birthday is 24 hours of getting my way all.day.long :-)

It seems like everyone is starting to feel better, except for Gavin. J&K are still coughing a little. My cough is pretty much gone....4 weeks later :-P I went to get my ribs checked out mid week because my right side was killing me any way I turned. I just wanted to know that it wasn't broken. So I got it xrayed and it didn't show anything broken :-P The doc said it could be a mild fracture not visible on the xray or there is cartilage that connects your ribs that can become inflame from excessive coughing. Who knew?!

Gavin was taking what I like to call a toddler z-pac. Five days of antibiotics. He seemed better but then mid-week started getting congested again. When he was given the antibiotic last week, doc said 5 days on it, 5 days off and then another 5 days. He starts it tomorrow again so hopefully this kicks it. I have to wonder if his ear infection is back because he is complaining of his teeth hurting (possibly from ear pressure) and the congestion. Who knows...I am not ready for this winter. I thought I was but I changed my mind.

Gavin has a Christmas show at school on Tuesday....very interested to see if he will sing with his class or just stand there lol He gets shy when we catch him singing at home so I would imagine with a church full of people, he will be very shy :-) I do love listening to him practice at home though! So cute! What isn't cute is Gavin's opening/closing door obsession. It drives me nuts when I am trying to get in and out somewhere and get home! He must open the automatic doors and then stand there waiting for them to close. As they are closing, he will kneel down to watch all the mechanics in how it is closing. He has done this for as long as I can remember, over a year at least. Door hinges are also interested. Escalators and elevators are heaven in his eyes :-P I shouldn't be surprised, he has never really played with toys the way they are meant to played...he wants to know how it works. Speakers, telephones, drums, computers, tv's....anything, he first wants to know how it works. I often wonder what he will be when he grows up and what his interests will be as he gets older.

Jakob is babbling up a storm! It is very cute and seems to make complete sense to him. He is following Kaleb's lead and climbing on things, oh vey! His latest achievement is climbing up on the couch so he can fall face first into the pillows laughing and giggling :-P He is also loving playing ball and being chased around the house. And he can give some really good hugs!

Kaleb is still sliding under the gate :-P We haven't fixed it yet...he forgot about it after we came back from North Carolina for Thanksgiving. It took him a few days to discover the train by the Christmas tree...once he saw that he started going under the gate again lol He also has a lot to say...I have no idea what he is talking about but he sure does! He is very bossy..when it comes to something he wants. He has also learned the art of dancing....adorable! I will try and get it on video. He sort of shuffles his feet while walking in place. Jakob has been dancing a while but Kaleb would just stand and look at him like he was being ridiculous :-P 

As you may have seen on my FB video, J&K have also learned how to play catch :-) Gavin couldn't grasp this game at their age. I remember this because we started Little Gym when Gavin was 1 y/o until he was a little over 2. He would never play catch there or at home.

It is so much fun to watch all three interact and play together. It is also stressful to constantly referee and redirect/distract them when everyone has to have the same toy. Seriously...if you have been to my house, you have seen all the toys. Can't everyone find something to play with and be happy?! The Christmas train is the latest battle....Jakob wants to play with it on the track, Kaleb wants to throw it across the room and Gavin wants to push it on the hardwood floor.

I have also learned a lesson this week...when outnumbered by 3 mobile children. Do not open the garage door until at least one child is strapped securely in their car seat. Usually when myself and the boys are getting ready to go somewhere, Gavin likes to 'push the butt' (push the button) to open the garage door. He is slightly obsessed with doors as some of you may know....really more the mechanics of how it works. So he will open the car door and J&K will walk to the car. Can you guess who the trouble maker is in this scenario?! KALEB! He makes a run for it every time....he laughs and runs for the driveway! Gavin is yelling at him to come back but then Gavin doesn't know whether to keep Jakob away from his things in the car or run after Kaleb, LOL

Time for bed...it's Friday and I am exhausted! Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment