Friday, March 25, 2011

oh man...let the teething begin!

I was not prepared for this..I assumed that since Gavin didn't cut his first tooth until close to 9 months that Jakob and Kaleb would start teething are around that time as well. Wrong!

I noticed something a little sharp the other day when Kaleb was eating my finger off and I looked in his mouth and sure enough...bottom tooth peeking through =0  Of course that explains a lot of his recent not wanting to eat behaviors, I've been thinking he had ear infection or his reflux was flaring up...nope just a tooth :-P

My dad and Marcin said he was teething because he has been chewing on things nonstop the past couple of months but I refused to say he was teething. I remember when Gavin was a baby, I felt like I said the child was teething for 6 months! But yet I never saw a tooth until 9 months! Granted I know the teeth can push for a while before showing but still, I just wasn't going to do it this time around lol

I would have to guess that Kaleb's other bottom tooth is right behind this one, poor little guy :-( I know it bothers him but so far he is still sleeping pretty well at night. His naps are hit or miss but if he has some tylenol for some relief, he is usually fine.

Now I am anxious to see when Jakob will get a tooth!!! He is starting to not want to eat, chewing on his fingers and putting more things in his mouth which isn't normal behavior for him. So I guess it is only a matter of time!

And isn't ironic that Kaleb is getting his first tooth while Gavin is working on the last 2 molars (THANK GOODNESS!!!). So we just need to get through two more little ones teething and we will be done with teething, I have to say I am looking forward to it. I dont like teething...I hate seeing my babies hurting :-(

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK! Brayden is DEF teething too! I'm praying they just cut through ASAP! jay got teeth at 3.5 months so i'm not suprised!! hope they are good teethers b/c bray is NOT! lol

    ReplyDelete