Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday traditions

We thought it would be fun to have birthday traditions for the boys :-) I had two ideas, one of which I stole from Keeley but she doesn't seem to remember this conversation....maybe I dreamt it up but whichever I give her credit for the idea lol

The first tradition I thought would be fun is a special birthday plate. Needless to say, I bought 3 plates so Jakob and Kaleb could have their own. Their birthday plate is only for use on their special day :-) I purchased these off Etsy from http://www.etsy.com/shop/thewildbaby, one of my very favorite websites for cute stuff like this! The seller was super easy to work it and a southern girl, I mean really....you can't beat that :-D
The second tradition that I would like to do is a special little birthday cake for the boys. I know they will have the big cake at their parties but the party won't always fall on their actual birthday. So my thinking is a small cake just for them that they can eat it all if they want (we will just have to prepare for the sugar high that will follow lol). The cake can be something they are interested in that year like trucks, trains, movie/tv characters, etc.

Nothing big but just some fun stuff so when they grow up, they will remember their birthdays as special days not just another passing day. I am a big fan of birthdays and always remind Marcin a week or so leading up to my birthday that that is the day I get whatever I want for 24 hours :-) At first he thought it was annoying but then his birthday comes around and suddenly he likes the idea even more lol

Birthdays are special days and should be celebrated however that person would like whether it be a huge party or just something simple at home, don't you think?

1 comment: