Monday, March 14, 2011

black out...

Alot of people gave me a hard time and laughed about the fact that I blocked out every ray of sunshine from Gavin's room when he started napping in his room. We installed blinds and black out curtains but that wasn't enough...couldn't stop there because he still wasn't napping all that great. He would do his 40 minute thing, wake up...see the rays of sunshine peeking thru the top of the curtain rod/ window and be up *sigh* So I decided to 'fix it' lol It was just temporary and no one goes in his room so it didn't matter to us...I found some dark colored hand towels and put them over the top of his curtain rod to block those last few sun rays getting in his room. What do you think happened?

Yep...he started napping better and everyone continued to make fun of me. So what...he was napping during day and I was getting some 'me' time.

Over the weekend, Marcin and I were discussing why Kaleb just can't seem to get thru the 40 minute cycle. And Marcin suggested, much to my surprise (he was one of those making fun of my black out stuff) that there is too much light coming in Kaleb's room in the mornings. I agree because his room has all sun until about noon and then it switches to Jakob's room after.

So I put some towels over Kaleb's curtain rod too.

Jakob has been refusing to nap after 2:30...which for a child who goes to bed at 6:30/7:00, this is quite a long time to be up. He wasn't cranky but still we know he could use a nap in there. And then he was also waking at 5:00/5:30...could this be from being overtired? possibly

So I decided to put some towels over Jakob's curtain rod too :-D

And wouldn't you know....Jakob and Kaleb have napped incredibly well today! They are both going on a 1.5 hour stretch for their afternoon nap.

While my 'black out' ideas may look and seem silly....it seems to work and we have happy babies because they are well rested, Works for us! Oh and it doesn't hurt that I get a much needed break from the 3 little munchkins ;-)

1 comment: