Tuesday, February 7, 2012

sheesh....remember me?!

Yep I am still here....just MIA for a bit. Just a little busy over here :-) Nothing really exciting to keep us busy, just life and a few doc appts for Jakob. There have been birthday parties, girls nights out, date nights, my dad visited for a WEEK (so fun!), I learned that some summer camps are already registering (its FEBRUARY!), there are lots of house projects I want to get started on, reorganizing my coupon stash, getting back on my diet ( I fell off the wagon for a few days) and reading (my favorite!)

So let's recap....if this blog ends up all over the place, sorry! Bear with me, hehe

Jakob has now seen two ENT docs, a pulmologist and asthma/allergist. The 2nd ENT doc was for a 2nd opinion of removing adenoids. The pulmonologist was to rule that out as well as the asthma./allergist. The pulmonologist was a waste of time...the doctor was awful (as I learned after the fact, hmph). The respiratory therapist there was wonderful and full of information! The doc, not so much. The asthma/allergist doc was great! Very informative, spent about an hour with us. They tested Jakob for 11 things ranging from dogs, cats and some other environmental things. He was negative for them all...for now :-) The doctor did say that Jakob may have some mild asthma symptoms but it is nothing he is overly concerned with at this point. He also thinks removing the adenoids would be good a solution at this point. I feel like I am making a big deal out of this but darn it, I don't want him to have the surgery if it isn't really necessary, ya know? So that is 3 docs who have all agreed on one thing....remove adenoids, replace tubes. So he is scheduled for that Feb. 20. Let's hope that helps :-)

It is not slowing Jakob down one bit though..he jumps right in with Gavin and Kaleb. And he is becoming more assertive. Not sure if this is part of his personality or if he has just discovered it is survival of the fittest around here with 2 brothers....either way he does tolerate someone taking his toy before he is finished with it. And if they do manage to get it from him, he will get it back. Even if he has to run after and tackle the person who took it...he will take them down to the ground and get his toy back lol so cute! Jakob is a huge cuddler...he will run up to hug us or kiss us. He has also become pretty jealous when someone else is sitting with Marcin or I, he will try to push them off or cry until they move or we make room for him :-)

Kaleb has become less assertive. If jakob takes his toy...he just stands there with is bottom lip out, then wales with tears streaming down his face :-P He is such a big teddy bear! His upper body strength is crazy! I am pretty sure he can pull himself up onto anything...including the kitchen chairs which give me a heart attack. But being that this is a novelty for now, he loves to practice it over and over again :-P

Gavin just makes me laugh! He is so funny! Yesterday instead of napping, he and I went to the mall on a quest for my skinny jeans :-) We were at Gap and I told him I needed to go to the dressing room to try on my jeans. We walked in and he exclaims, "THERE IS NO POTTY HERE!?" I explained to him that this wasn't a bathroom and went into the explanation of a dressing room. He was amazed.....by the really tall, cool door that he had to open/close while I tried on clothes. Luckily no one else was trying on clothes. The only way I could get him to listen was to bribe him with a trip to Barnes & Noble (are you thinking how cute it is that he would listen for a book or toy?! Think again.....) so we could go watch the escalators and also ride the escalators up and down. He requested to go up and down 20 times, I told him we would do it 4 times. So we did, he was over the moon excited to watch how it worked AND ride on it. Who needs amusement parks?!?!

I am coming to terms with his going to school 5 half days next week. I am going to miss him and I am really not looking forward to loading everyone up 5 mornings a week but....I will have to do it one day, right!? So I will adjust, as will everyone else. On the positive side, it will help prepare Gavin for kindergarten. I will only have 2 children in the mornings which will be nice and allow us to go to the park and do other social activities (or shopping activities!) with the little guys. And then once we get home, the little guys nap and I can hang out with just Gavin. Sounds good to me! Our trip to the mall yesterday was a success!!! I found not only one but two pair of cute skinny jeans :-D Last week I got a great deal on a pair of boots. Now I just need somewhere to wear them :-) I got a pair that were a little less casual than everyday. I don't think I would wear them everyday...especially with the boys. It takes long enough to get them ready to get out of the door, I would rather slip on a pair of flats and get out the door.

I really slacked off on my coupons the past month or so :-( During the holidays I had a hard time keeping up with organizing them. I still used them but not as well as I had been doing. So last night I spent two hours reorganizing, cutting and getting it all back together. I am ready to start saving again! Now I also know not to get behind because I just don't have time to sit and get all that organized! I also slacked on my diet...I haven't gained but I haven't lost either. I have 9 lbs left to lost....must lose this by first of May. I can do that....if I stick to it. Again....busy and I don't eat *sigh* When will I learn?!

My dad was here all last week...I don't know who enjoyed who more, my dad or the boys having their Pop Pop here?! Kaleb was in heaven! He loves my dad and Marcin's dad...pretty sure those are two of his favorite people! We didn't do to much...there were a couple days of nice weather so we went outside to play, ran some errands, went to chik fil a (Gavin loves to play there!) and the Delaware Childrens Museum while Gavin was at school. Jakob and Kaleb loved it!! I let my membership expire there but I picked it back up because it will be fun for the little guys while Gavin is at school. There is no way I could take all 3 by myself at this point. Two I can handle :-)

With this not so traditional winter weather, I feel like it is spring and as usual, there are many things I want to do around the house!!! We are on the search for a full size mattress for Gavin's room. Which also means I get to redo his room into a not so babyish room!! YAY!!! I love this! We aren't going to do much but it needs a fresh layer of paint, I want to do a striped accent wall to match his duvet cover (That I got at Target on clearance for a steal!!! And it is Dwell studio..I love their bedding, so soft!) Get some new shelving for his walls. I am going to scan some of his pictures he has done at school and frame them for wall decor. Now I just to find the time to do all of this.....Next on my list (not sure about Marcin's hehe) is our master bath. Also want to give it a fresh layer of paint, paint the builder cabinets an espresso brown, put hardware on the cabinets, new lighting fixtures and frame mirror. I would love to find more wall hangings for our room and add some shelving to our closet. One day, we will work on the kitchen! That will require saving some money.....granite counter tops, flush mount sink, new dishwasher, new oven. We discussed granite when the house was being built but the builder wanted too much money for it so we hoped to get around to it later. And of course, a new light for the foyer. I have wanted this since day 1 of signing contract on house. When we purchased our home there was option for a 'brass package' or 'silver package.' I wanted the silver package but was told they no longer did those due to low request. hmph. don't you know a few months later after we moved in a model home was built with the silver package!!!!  I was not happy. So we have an ugly brass builder light fixture in foyer and I hate it. I painted the one in the dining room but I cannot paint the one in foyer.

I am addicted to pinterest. Simple as that.....so many good ideas that I don't have time to do but wishful thinking makes me feel good :-)

So that is us in a nutshell! Gavin is not napping so I better get him downstairs before he wakes up the babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment