Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why I blog...

Someone asked me this the other day. My main reason for starting a blog last year was to keep a 'journal' of our days (And also it has served as a reminder for me for many things lol). My pregnancy with the twins wasn't the easiest pregnancy but all the same, I regret not keeping a journal for that pregnancy as I did with Gavin's. When I was pregnant with twins, I just felt like I had no time to do this.....little did I know how much time I actually had compared to now, eh. This blog is also my soap box and outlet for joys/happy times/frustrations/difficult days/exciting moments, etc.

Since I started it, I've wanted to print this out and keep it ( I love memories....seriously, I have issues!). Originally I thought I could put it all in a book but then that proved to be too expensive for a nice keepsake book. Then I thought, well I could just print it all out, have it binded at Staples and that should hold it :-) It doesn't need to be anything super special, I just want it on paper so I can have it later to reflect on, to remember these crazy days and maybe one day the boys will want to read it or share it with their significant others or wives.

I love love love love love love love love keepsakes! I am slightly obsessed with them. Last year I started a photobook for each of the kids. In it there are pictures of mainly them, letters from both Marcin and I and this year for Gavin I will add some 'interview' questions. Once J&K get older I will do the same. They also have an email account that I sometimes send funny moments too so I won't forget. I also include these in their photobooks. I have thousands of pictures...I love pictures. If our house were to catch on fire....the first things I would grab are:

1) family
2) fire proof safe box
3) extra hard drive and case of pix CD's

This isn't surprising to me that I am this way, my mom was the same :-P I think she took a picture of me sleeping once a week lol My childhood photo albums are full of pictures of me sleeping :-) I am not a hoarder....I do not like clutter at all. I need things to have their place, so I like my keepsakes to be nicely contained and organized.

That is why this blog is mostly about my family...it is my life right now. The boys....are what I do. It is my job and I like to think I am pretty good at it :-) Lately I keep thinking back to how things were a year ago....they weren't bad but much more crazier than they are now! J&K seem to have grown so much in the last month....they are taller, moved up from 24 months to 2T (kaleb!) and 18 months to 24 months (jakob!). They are such little people, I love it. Gavin amazes me everyday....he is always coming up with new things and new sayings. He has also seemed to get taller the past couple months. Pants that were too big for him around Christmas are suddenly the perfect length.

I look around at my life and I love it, I truly love it. I am so blessed with my family.....its the sort of perspective you can't gain until you get here. There are days I would like just 24 hours of peace when I am not repeating myself for the millionth time to share, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. But the giggles, laughing at one another, the extra hugs and kisses, Jakob playing his everlasting game of peek a boo behind the wall, Kaleb 'thinking' he is covering his face to play peek a boo and dying laughing after he removes his hands make it all worth while. Just when I think I need to give myself a time out...someone makes me laugh and as Gavin says 'makes it aaaalllllll better!"

I only wish my mom were here....she watches us from above but I know she would have a blast with her grandsons.

So in case you were wondering too....why does she blog? She complains that she doesn't have time but yet she sits with computer and types. This is why...and this is also why my posts are almost always about my sweet boys :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment