Tuesday, February 21, 2012

exhausted!!

I don't know why (ok....I know why but I haven't been any crazier than usual) I am exhausted these past few days! Jakob and I were at the hospital yesterday from 9:30-3:00! His surgery was scheduled at 10:45 and you have to be there and hour earlier. He was done with his surgery by 11:30 but then by the time he settled down and was able to rest, it was 12:30 and he proceeded to nap in my arms (LOVE...even though my arm was completely numb from being asleep but I wouldn't dare move and wake him up!) for two hours! They wouldn't let us leave until he drank something and kept it down.

Monday night, Marcin and I both were a little anxious for Jakob. We, of course, were wondering if we made the right decision by having his adenoids removed. And even on the way to hospital, I was still wondering but I kept telling myself it was just adenoids....it will be ok. We got to the hospital and they started getting Jakob all ready. He was immediatey thrilled with our nurse because she had bubbles. It's the little things :-) He was even more thrilled once they gave him the 'relaxing' nasal drops.....he was so funny!!! Here is a pic of him being goofy...you can see his eyes are all droopy lol

Once the doctor was done with the surgery, he came out to talk to me. This is same doc who did their tubes in September. He said Jakob's adenoids were 'massive.' That was word he used! He also said he was surprised by how large they were...he was not expecting that. Considering this doc is pretty laid back, Jakob's adenoids must have been huge!!! So once he told me that, I felt somewhat relieved that possibly we did make the right decision :-) The ear tubes were inserted fine. He said not to expect to see any significant results for a couple weeks. But when Jakob was sleeping in the recovery room....his breathing was already so quiet. Where as before, I would have continuous heard raspy, loud breathing (think of how your child sounds when they are congested....this is how jakob sounded 75% of the time). Marcin and I thought for sure we were going to have a long night last night because Jakob wasn't feeling so great. But he slept from 7:30-7:30!!! Today, Jakob woke up in a great mood!! He was chasing Gavin around and tackling Kaleb for toys. He doesn't have much an appetite but it seems like his throat is sore so he is milking it and convincing me to feed him only yogurt melts (his favorite!)

Kaleb however....did not sleep all night. I don't know if it his teeth or ear infection but he was up for a half hour last night. It must be serious if it wakes up Kaleb....nothing wakes him up! REALLY hoping it is just teeth but we will just have to keep an eye on him.

Now to somehow convince Gavin to not touch the numbing cream I need to coat his arms with so we can go to the allergist to see what is going on with him. I am being told allergies and ear infections go hand in hand. Gavin has had 3 EI's in the past 2 months, along with sinus infections and constant congestion. *sigh* I am pretty sure I have been to a doctor appointment at least once a week, if not twice, for the past 2 months. Maybe this has something to do with my exhaustion......

No comments:

Post a Comment