Monday, February 27, 2012

YAY for fun weekends!!!!

Last week is a blur...seriously if you asked me what we did, I would need some time to think about  it. As it is, I looked at my calendar to try and remember because I feel like there was a lot going on.

Of course we had Jakob's surgery earlier in the week. He was back to his normal crazy self the next day, no surprise there LOL

I also took Gavin to an allergist. The last two months he has had either an ear infection or a sinus infection. Meaning he has also been on antibiotics for the last two months, I hate that! And they don't seem to be even helping that much! They asked me many questions and did 20 pricks, 10 on each arm. Thankfully they gave me a script for the numbing cream prior to appointment so that helped with that part. The next part however...not much could help that :-( They did 14 injections of various allergens. Poor kid....I wanted to cry with him. All that just to confirm that he tested moderately allergic to ragweek which would not explain was has been going on because ragweed season here is in the fall. So the doctors suggestion had me laughing. Well I had giggled and felt silly because when one of the doctors came in, he introduced himself as Dr. Van Winkle. I giggled. I mean...really, wouldn't you?! Then the other doctor looked at Gavin's ear (still ear infection after week of meds *sigh*), looked at tonsils and said they were enlarged. He followed this up with, " I am going to have you get a throat xray to take a look at his adenoids." LOL LOL LOL He started to go into an explanation of adenoids, blah blah. I politely explained to him why I started laughing and that I knew all about adenoids! He said sometimes enlarged tonsils are combined with enlarged adenoids which would make sense based on the last couple of months and Gavin is snoring. So I took Gavin a couple days later to get an xray. He was thrilled to be getting and xray! No really...he was so excited!!! He has an alphabet puzzle and each letter has a career attached to it. The "X" is an x-ray technician. So I told him he would get to meet a real live x-ray technician AND get to see a really big camera take pictures of his bones. Oh and let's not forget the office had a cool door he could open and close. He was set! The tech was really nice and let him look around at the equipment, showed him his xray and gave him a sticker. Doesn't get much better than that in Gavin's world :-) I am anxiously waiting for doctor to call and tell me what it showed, so I can go ahead and make appt. with ENT if needed.

Friday night was a big night for me! I went to Target! WOW!! By myself...that's the best part :-) I can remember days, before children, when I would just to Target or any store but Target was best for this and just wander. Browse. Not for anything in particular, just look at things and buy things I do not need:-) I walked around the mall for a bit and then spent some time at Target where I actually bought things I needed!!! And a few I didn't :-) It would have been great except for two things, 1) a glass of wine to go with my browsing would have been great! 2) The screaming kids that were melting down at 9:30p.m. I am completely aware that some kids have later bedtimes and if that works for parents, great! However, if your child is clearly tired and you are at a store, do not expect them to be happy. And please, please for the love do not proceed to yell at them while the child is screaming (on the yucky floor) that you do not understand what is wrong. I would have to guess that the rubbing of the eyes would have been my first clue to their behavior. I walked by 3 parents doing something of this sort. Ok....stepping down off my soapbox.

Saturday was Gavin's first EVER sleep over. Yes you read that correctly...the child is 3.5 y/o and he has never spent a night away from me, ever. I am fully aware that my control issues are coming into play here so no need to point this out! Gavin's aunt has been bugging, eh hem...asking us for a while if he could sleep over at their house. I think two factors finally made me feel better about, 1) We switched him to toddler bed last summer. 2) School. Him being away from me for school has also helped me with my issues. We knew he would have a blast! And of course, he did. He has been talking about it since and asking if today is the next time he can go stay at Ciocia's house :-) We got some sushi take out from Sushi Yama in Middletown, delicious!!! I got a bottle of wine, Marcin got beer and we worked on Gavin's room!!! We listened to some old 90's music (Rumpshaker, Dr. Dre., Cranberries, Poison, etc.), it was great! Marcin put Gavin's full size bed together and the rails. I worked on painting the stripes behind his bed. I am not happy with the shade of brown. I will be redoing that once I get a new brown but over all, I think the stripes turned out great!
We also have some cute construction truck/road way decals for the walls on other side of room. I hope to scan some of his school art this week and frame them for above his bed. I will post more pics once it is completed :-) I would love a couple of book slings but I don't have time to make those darn things! I wonder if someone on Etsy makes them......

Sunday was busy, busy but in a good way! Gavin and I met a friend and her daughter for lunch. Gavin was a little cranky so I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked, story of my life with 3 little ones but it was still nice to see them. Lunch was yummy, we went to try out Bahama Breeze. Not bad....I saw a lot of frozen drinks in my future for the summer!

We came home and showed Gavin his new room! He liked it but like I said....CRANKY! sheesh, so the excitement was short lived until he woke up and then he was happy again :-) I got some cleaning done, ironing and then got ready for a Mom's night out at Aqua Sol!!! Great company and food, can't beat that!

Now I am excited to finish up Gavin's room so I can paint our master bathroom! It is already painted a light gray but I found a darker shade that I really like! I guess I should probably make sure Marcin likes it also, hehe.

This weekend will also be fun! We are going to Philly to meet some friends for dinner...it has been way too long since we gtg without any children with this group so it will be fun!

Oh and teething with 2 toddlers at same time = no fun, less sleep and cranky people! Jakob is cutting one tooth on the bottom and the way he acts, he is getting all 4 molars at the same time! Lord help us when his molars start coming...and the eye teeth, I shudder to think!

1 comment:

  1. what a week! good luck with the xray! i love how the stripes turned out! I've been looking for new bedding for bray and can't find anything in the colors i want! it looks so cute! love the art idea! i was that on pinterest too! hes going to love it!

    ReplyDelete