Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where did January go?

I feel like it was just christmas but then again, Christmas seems like it was so long ago. Does that make sense?! And the Hallmark holiday, Valentines Day is coming up! We don't normally do much for Valentines' day. We will get the boys something silly and we may go out to dinner the weekend before or after but definitely NOT on Valentines Day. I just don't get what is romantic about going to a restaurant filled to capacity with strangers....not my idea of being romantic :-P And I guess being the mom of 3 small kids, my ideas of romance have changed! I am happy with a movie, big bowl of popcorn, cuddle time and quiet :-)

Most of this month, I feel like I have spent at the doctors office : / We have seen 2 ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) docs, pulmonologist and pediatrician. And we are seeing allergist/asthma doc Monday. We saw 2nd ENT to get 2nd opinion on Jakob's adenoids. I know it is 'just adenoids' and seems to be a frequently done surgery but we don't want him having surgery if he doesn't need it. Right now Jakob is scheduled to have his tubes replaced and adenoids removed february 20. I really hope this helps the little guy. He doesn't act like it bothers him but I am guessing after 5 months of dealing with this, it has become his norm : / If that doesn't help, I guess our next step would a Gastro doc to see if it is indeed his reflux and as everyone keeps talking about. There are two things that are continuous brought up with the doctors......adenoids or reflux. I don't feel like it is his reflux. He has been off reflux meds since 12 months and eats great, drinks great. I don't see any signs of regular reflux or silence reflux. Keep him in your prayers that he does well with surgery and recovery!

The other day, Jakob had a 9:00 a.m. appt at pediatric hospital about 30 minutes from our house and on way to inlaws house. So I figured I would take Gavin and Kaleb to their house while Jakob and I went to doctor. LOL what a stressful morning that was! I have a new appreciation for the moms who do this every morning whether to get kids to daycare/school, etc. I had to wake everyone up. They do no like to eat as soon as they get up..well Kaleb likes a snack first then he will come back for breakfast later. I managed to get them all awake and down stairs by 6:45. Then getting everyone dressed, fed and in car by 7:30. We were pulling out of driveway at 7:35, not bad :-) But my goodness it was stressful! And then of course the morning traffic (which I do NOT miss at all!!!). We got to the doctors office 15 minutes ahead of our appt time but sheesh, not fun! I have to say, I am not looking forward to getting everyone ready next school year when Gavin is in school 5 mornings a week! But then I think, eventually I will have to do so no time like the present, right? At least next year, J&K will be a bit more independent and I won't have to coral them to keep them from running out in the street while getting everyone in car :-P

My dad is coming to visit us this Sunday, YAY!!!! Can't wait to see him and Gavin is already counting down the days til 'Pop Pop & Gigi come to see me on airplane!" {Gigi~ we explained that you have to stay home to help Kiki with school and basketbal but he insists that you are still coming. We will miss you and send you videos!} We were also asked to join some friend in Virginia Beach for vaca this summer, FUN!!!! We went there last year for vacation and it was perfect for families with younger kids! We are excited to go again! Even though there will be only 3 women, 3 men and 6 children under the age of 4....don't worry, we will have plenty of wine, fruity drinks and beer, hehe!!!

I feel like I had a lot to say but now my brain is shutting down since the boys are all in bed for their naps lol I am still getting up at 5:30 for my exercise! Thank goodness because I sure can't say I have been eating that well the past week *Sigh* I have done better this week but last week I just couldn't get myself together. So right now, I have lost 16 lbs. I would like to lose 9lbs more to reach my goal weight, I can do that....if I stay with it. And I better do it before the weather warms up and we start grilling more often and all the yummy spring/summer food starts cooking! I am running out of clothes that fit so if you see me wearing the same thing often...don't judge please lol I REALLY want some boots but I have a big problem with 1) I am indecisive on brown or black 2) will I really wear them that much to justify spending money on them? Because if I get boots, I need skinny jeans because my other ones are now too big (this is good!). And then I think well it should be warmer soon and I get to go shop for all the cute spring and summer clothes! ugh decisions....decisions. I still need skinny jeans because I like to wear them with flats. But I still want to lose 9 more pounds *Sigh* I think what it comes down to is this......I need to go shopping for ME!  Anyone want to take me shopping and coordinate outfits and shoes for me? :-)

I will leave you with this blog link, I love this blog. I love the way she writes and talks about things and this pretty much fits to a tee what happens when you become a mom or parent in general :-) I am in a little mushy mood today so this really fits my mood.....the boys are growing and doing much lately and I feel like they will be in college before I know it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-belkin/advice-new-mother_b_1227363.html?ref=parents&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

No comments:

Post a Comment