Monday, August 29, 2011

Earthquake, hurricane, tornado....oh my!

Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes.....all in one week! The earthquake scared me to death!! all the boys slept right through it, thank goodness I don't live where this happens frequently.

Hurricane Irene made quite a stir up the eastern seaboard....I am not sure why she felt she needed to be so dramatic about things. As long as she is the only storm to come through, I think we will be ok. I continue to pray for those dealing with the flooding and those who lost their homes and some lost loved ones. I can't imagine. We had a tornado warning Saturday night and we got all the boys out of bed and took them to the basement. I don't think I have ever seen Marcin move that quickly :-P I did not want them to be upstairs sleeping all night if another tornado developed from Irene. It was a long, long, long, long night...especially for Marcin who stayed up waiting for the power to go out so he could hook up the generator. I slept a little but it was restless and I was constantly waking up in a panic : / Thankfully we avoided all flooding of the our basement and the house is fine :-P

I have to admit I love the weather before and after a hurricane...assuming everyone is safe. There is just something about it, the anticipation of the storm and then the calm after the craziness. Yesterday was beautiful, it was sunny and 72....it felt like a perfect fall day :-) So we took advantage and went for a walk/wagon/bike ride :-P

Getting ready to go.....it is a lot of work getting ready just for a walk :-P Gavin decided to ride his tricycle instead of his bike.

Jakob tried out the trike for the first time, he loved it!


And then of course, Kaleb needed a turn. We put Jakob in the wagon and when he saw Kaleb on the trike, he got so mad lol

Gavin is starting his 2nd week of school tomorrow. Marcin asked him this morning to guess where he was going tomorrow and Gavin excitedly said, "SCHOOL!" Let's hope that excitement continues :-P His teacher said on his 2nd day that 'he had a lot of ups and downs with a REALLY big down" yikes lol He was happy to have me pick him up but he was also more talkative about what they did than he was the first day. Overall, I think he likes it :-) I know I like it!!!! He gets some structured learning time and socialization, I get some 'me' time and time with J&K. I get so much done while J&K nap in the morning..I am dreading that morning nap going away lol

We have so many exciting things coming up in the next couple of months! September and October are 2 of my favorite months....perfect weather, foliage, pumpkin patch. We are celebrating J&K's first birthday Sunday....I am still not believing that is already here but I will blog about that later. Marcin's birthday is at the end of the month and our 6th anniversary in October (yes dear....SIX, not 3 LOL). And we are driving to South Carolina in October!!! Finally...we haven't been there for a visit in over a year : / I miss it and can't wait to be in the south, see family and friends, hear that lovely southern drawl, see the river. J&K will get to meet so many people! And we have a wedding to go to :-) And then all the other fun things like Halloween and then Thanksgiving (YUM!) and Christmas! Christmas is going to be SO much fun this year with Gavin, Jakob and Kaleb :-)

Must go...Kaleb waking up from nap and I need to wake up sleepy head Gavin so he will go to bed tonight :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment