Tuesday, September 6, 2011

J&K's birthday weekend!

It was such a fun weekend!!! My dad and Gay came for a visit, wish they could have stayed longer! Althought they were probably ready for a rest from the craziness in our house :-P They were a big help with the boys and getting ready for the party!

Friday we spent some quality time with the boys and then headed to dinner at Deer Park. Iron Hill was my first choice but we figured it was a Friday afternoon on college campus, most likely no tables outside. So we went to end of Main Street to Deer Park. The boys can be loud, there are cars to watch and I don't mind so much that J&K throw everything on the floor. Deer Park really needs to assign someone to super clean their high chairs as part of their nightly closing side work, GROSS!

Saturday was a busy day! Marcin spent the entire day working hard outside to make it pretty for the party, he definitely succeeded like always!! We have come a long way from when he killed all of our grass at the townhouse...granted it wasn't much grass but it was all we had at the time, hehe! Live and learn :-P After J&K woke up from nap and had a snack, we headed to Toys R Us. My Dad started this little tradition for Gavin's first birthday...you know they give the kids the paper crown and a balloon. So we needed to continue it!


Normally I don't go to TRU, I don't know why....it's just not a store I am fond of. Like Gay said, it is a necessary evil, well put. They need to renovate or clean it or something...Anyways, the boys had a blast! J&K picked out a few toys (because we don't have enough in our house :-P....I know, I know it's their birthday) to bring home. And Gavin snuck a pair of rollerblades in the cart, hehe. He has had his eye on rollerblades since his birthday. Pop Pop and Gigi to the rescue! :-)
Sunday was the big day! Our babies were one....amazing how far we have all come in just one short year. I say short because it was super fast, time flies when you are having fun, right? I can remember rushing to triage for the 6th time in 3 months because of the constant contractions I was having. We expected to be sent home but J&K had other plans, which was FINE with me. Whew.....carrying two babies was super hard and I had a relative easy pregnancy for twins. No wonder my body is so different! I mean, who feels better after a c-section than they felt when they were pregnant?! something is wrong there LOL

It was a super busy morning getting ready for the party but I felt like it all came together so nicely! We I worked really hard on the decorations and had so much doing it all, it was fun to see it all come together. Ok Marcin helped me with the balloon wreath and a few other things. Here are a few pics for those of you not on Facebook,

Cupcakes turned out cute! My friend designed the toppers for me and I cut them out.

I saw this on a blog and had to make it! really easy and inexpensive!

This turned out better than expected! It took about 600 balloons but I liked the balloons when they were tighter than the looser ones I have seen elsewhere.
Dining room set up with dessert table.

The banner across the window had J&K's monthly pictures on them. I did this for Gavin's birthday also.
I think everyone had fun! I always feel like I never get to chat with everyone enough because I am trying to keep up with Gavin, Jakob and Kaleb! I know they are probably fine but then I worry about Gavin wondering to the front of house (like he did, thankfully Krista told me, thank you!!!) So if I didn't get a chance to sit down and chat with you....I have to apolgize, I tried lol

We have lots of cotton candy, cracker jacks and pixie sticks left over....the kids are going to love our house at Halloween! hehe Any other leftovers were sent to work with Marcin :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment