Thursday, June 2, 2011

How I spent my hour and a half of quietness.....

Oh yes....you read it correctly, I got an hour and a half of time to myself! It is so quiet and MY time, so nice and much needed. I've been a little short on patience the past couple days : /

I make a Shutterfly photo book in 6 month increments, so I have been working on that. I also got on the treadmill, YAY!!! And cleaned up a little :-P

I was talking to friend yesterday about ideas of how to remember all the cute...and not so cute things our kids do. I had saw on another friends FB that she writes her kids letters every year for their birthdays talking about the past year, how much they've grown, cute things they have done or said, etc. I want to do this for the boys, I think it is a great idea! And while I was working on the photo book....I had another idea. Why not make a small 8x8 photo book for each of the boys, write the letter in there and include some fun pictures of the things we talk about in the letter :-) I personally think it is a fabulous idea!

I have been wondering how the boys can each have their 'own' photo album from their childhood...if they want it. If they don't, maybe my future daughter in law's will? Either way...I love pictures and I love preserving important memories for them to reflect on when they are older. Not to mention, I get it honest. My mom was a picture fanatic! I have two big plastic tubs of photo albums of me before I was 4 years old and my baby book is bursting at the seams LOL

While I was adding pictures for the photo book I am working on now....amazing how much the boys have grown in just 6 months. Gavin is almost 3 and J&K are almost 9 months. Yes our house is crazy, sometimes insane but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

So I thought I would share my idea in case anyone wants to use it :-) Gtg....Jakob waking up!

1 comment: