Friday, June 10, 2011

9 years ago today (June 11), I met my husband Mark!

lol Yes you read that correctly, Mark. I will get to that part in our story soon :-D

It is so hard to believe that it was 9 years ago, that is almost a decade! It seems like it was just yesterday :-) I was in college in Myrtle Beach. Marcin just graduated from Drexel and came down for a boys vaca to Dirty Myrtle. He claims that a waitress at Hooters suggested they go to Fat Tuesday that night....little did he know, hehe

I remember it was a Tuesday night because we always got off work and everyone headed to Fat Tuesday's, it was $1 Rolling Rock, you cannot pass this up in college!!! Although I was tired and did not want to go but my friend Jenni talked me into it....it didn't take that much convincing, hehe. As soon as I walked in, I saw this hot, TALL guy over by the dart boards. I had a 'list' of criteria for the next guy I dated. I was willing to be flexible on some but tall, nice legs and a great smile I was not going to be flexible on :-) And seriously, I am pretty sure he was tallest guy in the bar, lol After an hour or so of checking each other out, my friends keep insisting I go talk to him. Eh....I had a theory that usually when a hot guy opened their mouth, they ruined the facade anyways so why bother. Yes this was my rational back then...no judgement, it was proved true over and over again (right Keeley?!). Eventually I figured, why not :-P So I went to his table with his 3 other friends {picture this table....you cannot see the table top because it was covered in empty Rolling Rock bottles lol}, introduce myself and he introduces himself as, Mark. Mark and I exchanged phone numbers and agreed to meet at the beach the next day.

The following day on my way to the beach, I called Michelle (she is my cousin but we are more like sisters!) and told her I met my future husband. She laughs but I am dead serious. I just knew...I don't know how I knew but I had a hunch :-) I am also calling my friend Keeley to tell her about this amazing guy I met at a bar in Myrtle Beach....surely this cannot have a future, I mean what are the chances of first off, meeting a nice guy in a bar. Secondly, in Myrtle Beach. This just doesn't happen :-P And I was schedule to work a double that day and I am begging Keeley to cover for me so I can go hang out with "Mark' She covers my shift, having just met her future hubby a couple months prior, and understanding that I NEED to go to the beach lol

We had a great day at the beach, followed by dinner that night and dancing at Crocodile Rocks (my favorite piano bar ever!) and Boca. I decide this guy is one of those 'good guys' you hear about your friends meeting and marrying :-)

That weekend I was going to Beaufort to see my dad for Father's Day. On my way, Mark calls me and tells me he has something to tell me. I was thinking, Oh here we go...now the truth comes out. This guy is married with 5 kids. Or just got out of jail for something horrendous. I was bracing myself for some crazy outlandish confession. Hes says to me 'My name is not Mark.' WTH?! He then goes onto tell me his real name is Marcin. Apparently he went by many alias' in college. His explanation is that alot of people don't catch his name correctly the first time and he didn't feel like getting into at the bar. So yes I went around all week calling him by the WRONG name...I am sure his friends got a good laugh at that. HMPH! But I do have to agree with him, everytime he introduces himself to people...they ask him again what he said, so I get it :-D

I still had a few months of college left, so we did the long distance thing for a few months. I finished college and had no job. He already had a job in Philly. Michelle was living in NYC at the time, so I thought how much fun it would be to live with her for a bit, get a temporary job in NYC and I would only be a couple hours from Delaware. What an experience that was! I ended up with a job at Mesa Grill having no clue who Bobby Flay was at the time, lol My Food Network friends (Joy to the world!) informed me who he was.  Michelle and I had a blast hanging out together. And I got to see Marcin on the weekends.

The rest they say....is history. I did meet an amazing guy at a bar in Dirty Myrtle. And now we have 3 beautiful sons. I love my life and wouldn't change a thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment