Saturday, May 14, 2011

3rd Birthday?!?!

How is baby boy almost 3?! In just 2 months he will be 3! And yes, my Type A self already ordered his birthday invitations, hehe I cannot believe he is going to be 3, how did that go by so quickly?
But then I look at him and he doesn't have that baby face anymore, he has the little boy face and he is getting so tall! He is already in 4T! In March I started getting his summer clothes and I bought 4T because he was in 3T for fall/winter. But when I got all the 4T clothes, they were too big in the waist, too long and I thought there was no way they would fit him. Since it has been warm, he has been wearing them and they fit perfect...when did he have that growth spurt?!

He is such a amazing little boy. He loves to talk and does not stop unless he is sleeping. He is so energetic and fun. I can see how people say kids keep you young, you really don't have a choice. You might not FEEL like climbing those monkey bars but you will for that sweet smile and now I get 'Good job mama, I am so proud of you!' can't beat that! He has such a sweet spirit about him that I love so much. I love it when he cuddles, says to me' come sit by me mama,' and the other day came up, put his arm around me and said "I love you mama'....melted my heart.

He is still a picky eater but is more willing to try new things, he loves to be outside and is still trying to figure out how everything works. He has never really played with toys in the traditional way or the way they were meant to be played, he will turn them over and over to figure out how they work and of course to find the 'speaker' :-D

Gavin is doing fabulous in his big boy bed, I am so relieved...for now at least, hehe!!! Now if only we can get better with the potty. It is a constant work in progress and ALOT of patience. Everyone keeps telling me when he is ready, he will do it. That is great but what if HE decides he is not ready until age 4?! lol So we constantly encourage it, praise him when he uses it and just keep at it.

He is starting preschool in August....I am going to miss him the 2 days a week 3 hours he is gone LOL But on the other hand, it will be great for him! I know he is going to love it...so much to learn, he can play at the 'blue' park and make some new friends!

My baby is growing up too fast. I have a feeling J&K will grow up even faster *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment