Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2 BOYS!!!

This time last year we were getting ready to go for our big ultrasound for the twins to find out their gender and make sure they were developing well.

I was 19 weeks pregnant and little did I know the challenges that lay ahead of me for that pregnancy. I knew from talking to others that a twin pregnancy would be difficult and a number of issues could arise but sheesh....actually doing it instead of hearing it....two completely different things! It was very hard to carry two babies. It was about this time that the pregnancy really started to slow me down. Even though I was in the 2nd trimester, it felt more like the end of the 3rd trimester already. Of course when finding out i was actually measuring 26 weeks pregnant explained a lot LOL

Add an energetic toddler to the mix and you have one tired momma! Everyday I counted down the hours until Gavin's nap because then I knew I could get at least 2 hours of rest and get off my feet! And I tried to keep us out and about with friends, Marcin's family was a huge help and my family when they were able to visit.

We were so excited to find out we were having two more sweet boys. Of course a girl would have fun too but we just wanted them both to be healthy. Not only were they healthy but both were growing right on target. This was the only time during my pregnancy we were able to see Jakob's (Baby B) face, after this he turned to face my spine and we couldn't get a good picture of his face after that. Kaleb  (Baby A) was snuggled in my pelvis (this would explain why it hurt so badly to walk) but he would turn occasionally to show us his sweet profile.

I was so happy to carry these boys to 37 weeks along with  SIX trips to triage,  contractions for 24 hours a day for about 2 weeks and Gavin repeatedly saying " Mama's tummy hurt. Needs to rest.' What a great patient child he was during my pregnancy :-)

I wish I would have journaled or blogged during my pregnancy with J&K but it was all I could do to get through a day :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment