Friday, December 21, 2012

quick december update and house stuff

I haven't blogged in over 3 weeks...how is that possible? how is it possible that Christmas is in THREE DAYS?! I am not ready....at all. I should be wrapping presents but I can't gather the motivation to do so. Obviously they will get done sometime this weekend..at least that is the plan.

December started out by meeting a wonderful friend in Conshohocken ( no clue if I spelled that correctly!). We met up at Ikea and browsed for a bit and then went for lunch. It was a fun day just to catch up with her. We live a couple hours apart and we have tried numerous times to gtg with kids during week and someone was always sick or something came up, so we decided to do adult time, best idea ever!  The following week we had a super fun and gorgeous wedding of two good friends of ours. Marcin was in the wedding so rehearsal dinner Friday and the weddin in philadelphia saturday. We even got to stay over Saturday night =0 Needless to say, it took me a few days to catch up on my sleep because by Sunday, I was exhausted! I can only imagine how tired the newlyweds must have been! Then we went out AGAIN the following weekend to see a band that we saw over summer at beach wedding, we met a couple of friends there, much fun!
This brings us to this weekend....how did that go by so fast?!

In the midst of all of this, we have also taken care of the kids hehe I have also had some house projects going on which turned out pretty well:-)

I started in the master bath...Marcin and I repainted all the molding and doors. I also painted the builder oak cabinets a dark espresso and gave the walls a fresh coat of paint. I still need to do horizontal stripes on the walls. Marcin will hopefully finish up the hardware for cabinets/drawers and frame out the mirrors.

OH and I had a fabulous idea that did NOT come from Pinterest, HA!!! I will be sure to share if it works out....light covers. I hate the builder lights in there and I had an idea one day while painting. We shall see if it works out :-)

 
This is Marcin's side. My side, across the bathroom is pretty much the same. We are thinking of doing a small strip of tile btw the mirror and cabinet.

This is our idea for the mirror frame....


I added a couple of things to the foyer, not sure what I think about it but it is staying for now or until I (we) find something I (we) like better :-)


The sheer panels on the side windows here really bugged me!! It didn't help that I had to attach them with 3M command strips and the boys ALWAYS pulled them down because they would run to the window to pull curtain side and down it would come, RRRRR!!! So to pinterest I went....I saw an idea I liked but modified it a bit. So this is before.....
 
And after........


I think it turned out cute! The boys STILL pull them aside to look at window but it is easier to adjust and put back :-) I feel like the door needs to be a different color though......

My other idea was to make a little sitting area for guests to have somewhere to sit to take off/put on shoes, hangs up coats, shoes, etc. We have the 'formal' living room (aka waste of space) to the left of the front door, so I figured I could use some space in there. I also had my toy bench from when I was a kid. My grandmother kept it for me until about 5 years...we brought it back with us when we went to pick up my piano from Mississippi :-)
Here is my toy bench before....

I had some leftover paint from the cabinets, so I used that and made a cushion on top. Here is our new sitting area....


I LOVE the fabric I found for the cushion :-) It works!

Um so yep....along with the fun, craziness of our lives we have somehow managed to get all of this done. It looks really productive when I look at it now. YAY US!!!! We hope to finish up our bathroom in the next couple of weeks.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment