Friday, December 21, 2012

Glad the Mayans were wrong!

I love my life...I was not ready for the world to end! What now? Any other apocalyptic predictions?

A quick countdown recap....

Christmas - 3 days away. I have not wrapped a thing. Nothing. I did manage to get a little bit of baking done. Wrapping will get done at some point in next 2 days. The Christmas spirit just isn't with me this year...well it was back at beginning of November, ya know when the Halloween, Thanksgiving AND Christmas decor was out in the stores? It is so commercialized.

35th Birthday - 10 days away. ACK! Rumor has it Marcin has some birthday plans for me, HOORAY!!!!!

Surgery - 20 days away. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! OMG! Pre-op appt is next Thursday. Which reminds me, I need to get some bloodwork done at some point.

I started going to a chiropractor this past week. My first time ever. Ever since J&K were born, my arms fall asleep. It started out at night, then a little during day and now my finger joints ache. My arms will be so numb that it feels like knives stabbing me if I try to push a button my iphone just to see what time it is. ouch.  My doctor had me get a neck xray and suggested probably a pinched nerve most likely from carrying two big babies until 37 weeks :-P Chiro agreed so we shall see if it helps, I hope so because it is not very pleasant feeling.

My boys....well they have all been sick past 2-3 weeks. I just LOVE this time of the year ;-)

Gavin is doing great! Seems to be taking a break from his drums..he still drums on everything but hasn't been playing them as often. He is on an electric guitar kick :-) He is enjoying school and his friends there. We made the final school decision and we are keeping him at the school he currently attends. You know when a decision just feels right....that is this decision for me. I think Marcin is on the same page....if it weren't for the expenses of private school then he would fully be on same page. It can be done....we will revise budget and make it all work, somehow. Super happy about this decision!!! He will be excited to see all his friends again next year!

Kaleb doesn't stop talking.....EVER! I love hearing his sweet voice, so cute and you can't stay mad at him! He has become quite the stubborn, non-listener though. hmph, not fun! He loves to stack things...cars, blocks, trains, boxes from pantry, etc. If it can be stacked, sorted or lined up...Kaleb will do it :-) He also likes 'BIG JUMPS!" He jumps off of everything...
He is growing so fast....I had to put him in some 3t pants already! Size 9 shoes, whew! He has taken to climbing out of his crib :-P He also climbs back in lol

Jakob has become a great listener. We joke that J&K have switched for a while :-) Jakob is still very independent but you ask him once and he listens! His speech is getting better, HOORAY!!! It is still difficult to understand him sometimes but he gets his point across. Jakob loves cars....he drives them on all the ledges in the house along with the various race tracks we have :-)

I still look at these 3 little beings in amazement that I am their mom.....ME!!! And Marcin is their dad. We are PARENTS! The tragedy at Sandy Hook school was with me for days. When the event happened at Columbine, while I was sad...that was in 1999. I was 21 and no children, I didn't have the perspective I have now. When I saw Sandy Hook on the news...my heart just hurt for those families. I couldn't stop thinking of getting my kids up in the morning how those families wouldn't be starting their day like that. The unopened Christmas gifts. It doesn't make sense to me....

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the time with your families and give them all extra hugs this year, be thankful for them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment