Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas = SUCCESS! 13 days......

Even though I felt like I would never get everything done for 'Santa' we did it and the boys were so excited!!

J&K were happy just ripping open the wrapping paper :-P And even more happy when they saw the fun toy inside lol Their favorite gifts were some Hess trucks and Mr. Potato Head :-)

Gavin first opened his electric guitar stand but couldn't find his guitar. Santa had hid it behind tree, hehe He finally discovered it and was over the moon! He also got his speaker, wire and guitar. He has played it every day since Christmas....strumming along singing a song. So stinkin' cute!!! He has also inquired if he can take guitar lessons at drum school :-) Fortunately for him, his drum teacher also plays guitar so it looks like we will be learning guitar for a bit. Although I like the drums better....they require more energy.

Marcin and I got a few things for each other but we decided we needed to concentrate on the kiddos. I was pretty proud of myself because from Santa each kid got 4-5 items (Well except Gavin since his guitar required some accessories). I have been Christmas shopping since summer :-) All of their gifts were excellent condition second hand gifts and I saved a lot of money! Yep even the guitar, amp and huge 20 inch Ride cymbal gavin received.

It was a good holiday! Now to get ready for New Years....you know us, we go all out with a huge party to attend, formal wear, hotel, etc. HA HA! kidding....we will be home with the kids :-) I plan to cook some steaks, lobster tail, hoppin' johns, cornbread and something sweet for dessert. I really hope I make it to midnight but that is always hard to tell. Then its my birthday, WOO HOO!!!! I am having a difficult time processing the fact that I am turning 35...its just strange. I don't feel 35 but then again I am not certain what 35 should feel like. Of course I am always tired but I blame that on my children because their endless energy is exhausting!

13 days until my Christmas and birthday gift for next 10 years or so....the tummy tuck! Best.Gift.Ever. :-D I had my pre-op appt a couple of days ago. I didn't expect much from this appt because I had two consults so I could ask my 1,001 questions/stresses/concerns. The plastic surgeon is great....very nice, straight forward and laid back. I like this in a doctor. I get to pre-op, they have me undress down to bra/underwear and give me this paper half shirt to put on...really? whats the point? LOL not to mention it was FREEZING!! I ask for a blanket but thankfully Doc was coming right in, whew! Seriously, I had goosebumps! This was how appt went:

Doc: How are you?
Me: good!
Doc: I need to take two pictures of midsection. I will cut from hip to hip, take out this pocket of skin/fat, pull skin down, reposition belly button, lipo flanks and home you go. Here is painkiller script. Any questions?
Me: (Deer in headlights look on my face) Um........I was nervous for this appt today, can you give me anything for nerves day of or before?
Doc: Do you like wine?
Me: Yes
Doc: That's all I can give you, he says while laughing. ( I am not sure what is so funny since its ME going under knife!)

I continue to bombard him with more questions that I already know answer too but I need the reassurance that the answers are all the same LOL They are. I'll be down for the count for at least a week, 2 drainage tubes for 10-14 days, not able to stand up straight or lay flat for at least a week, may take longer to lay flat. He said out of all he cosmetic surgeries he does, this is the most painful recovery. Lovely. Although I told him I would rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if its better than I anticipate. It makes sense that the recovery would be rough....midsection is a huge part of the body that the body relies on for many things. I am as ready as I am going to be.

One of my top concerns are the boys....I am going to miss them. I know I will be here and see them but I won't be able to cuddle, pick them up for kisses or play alot. Mom guilt 150% *Sigh* Such as life :-) Wish me luck, pray for me....whatever you do, please keep us in your thoughts!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment