Monday, January 14, 2013

4 days post surgery !

I did it...I actually went through with it. There were a few moments when I was scared to death and wanted to back out. For those of you who aren't aware, I had a procedure last Friday....an abdominoplasty with liposuction to be exact. Also known as a tummy tuck.

Over the past 2 years I have gone back and forth on this surgery. It terrified me, the mom guilt was ridiculous, the amount of money was ridiculous, the recovery & all the help we would need (i.e. inconveniencing others) and it was something all for me. After my 2nd consult with surgeon, I scheduled surgery. This was during summer. Boy that time flew by and before I knew it it was January....then January 10, then the big day, ACK! The plastic surgeon told me numerous times the recovery would be much worse than a c-section and it was by far the worst recovery out of all the surgeries he does. Lovely. I have had 2 c/s and some days felt I would rather not know what I was getting myself into but then after the surgery, I was thankful for my c/s experience...those surgeries have definitely made it easier to cope with this recovery.

So doc cut me hip to hip below bikini line, ouch! I have a drainage tube attached to a grenade looking container on each hip for excess fluid, yuck! I have to wear a binder around my abdomen (just like I did after c/s) and empty out the hand grenades :/ Overall, 4 days post-op I feel pretty good. I am still taking 2 percocets every 4 hours, going to try and cut back to one tomorrow. I have a check up with doc on Thursday and again next week to hopefully get the tubes taken out. They are annoying.


I havent seen the boys and gotten any cuddles in FOUR days....man I miss those little guys :-( Saturday I came home with Marcin and my dad and Gay took boys in basement while I snuck upstairs to my room. I have been hiding out since. They don't seem to miss me too much, at least I get to hear those sweet laughs and Gavin talking nonstop. I am really worried about them accidentally pulling on the drainage tubes. I believe Gavin would be ok but the lil guys worry me. I decided today to be a recluse for one more day :-P Hopefully I can catch up on my hugs and kisses tomorrow!

I thought I would have been much more productive while sitting on my butt for a few days. I have finished one out of 3 photo books I need to do. I need to complete one photo calendar and clean out my inbox. I want to watch a good movie but I have yet to find one that holds my interest :-( I tried '10 Years'.....nope. I then tried "Young Adults" with Charlize Theoron...nope. I was really hopeful Breaking Dawn part 2 would be on DVD by now *sigh* IF you have any suggestions, send them my way! Or some good tv series you have been watching :-)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment