Saturday, January 19, 2013

oh man..we are in for it! TODDLER BEDS!

The other day Marcin mentioned making the transition to toddler beds for J&K. Originally we wanted to wait as long as possible for this transition, for obvious reasons hehe However, due to my surgery I cannot lift anything really for 5-6 weeks. I want to think I will able to before then but I am guessing probably now. And even I can, not the best idea since there is a lot of healing going on that I can't even see. Anywho, I told Marcin I thought it would be a sensible idea because I won't need help every during week getting lil guys in/out of beds at nap times. Kaleb has already been climbing in and out of his crib. Jakob will swing a leg over but thats it.

 
So this morning while Gavin and I sat on couch snuggling watching Care Bears and J&K ran around/watched tv/sat/fought/laughed/etc., Marcin got started on feeding the monitor through the wall although didnt' quite work but it is safey from reach of little hands. Eventually we all went upstairs to 'help' :-) Eh hem...I sat on the glider and supervised (see? I am being a good patient today) Marcin & Gavin put Jakob's toddler rail on first...at first I think Jakob was upset because he started yelling and pointing at his bed like it was broken. Then we explained it was his 'big boy' bed and he was excited when he realized the endless opportunities this presented him with.


In fact he was so excited, he decided to take off his pajamas, find a bucket for his head and run around like a crazy child! lol He is such a silly kid!!


Kaleb was also excited by Jakob's new bed...Kaleb always wants to climb in Jakob's bed. I do not understand the fascination of it. As you may have guessed, when Kaleb saw Jakob's toddler bed he wanted to 'lay down tooooooo.' Jakob complied at first. Then Jakob decided no one was allowed in his bed. Period. I just hope he stays in it and sleeps during nap and night time!

Marcin then tells Kaleb that its his turn to get a big boy bed too! Kaleb's eyes get really big and he says, "I AM SO EXCITED!" He truly was excited, he was jumping around like a monkey and couldn't wait to get in his new bed!
Gavin was a great helper with both beds, such a little man :-)



Kaleb was not nearly as possessive over his new bed. He invited everyone to come lay down and tuck their toes :-)

I am not certain how this will go...could be good or really bad :/ I REALLY hope it does signify an end to naps. I have a feeling it may for a week or so until they adjust. I also hope it doesn't result in super early morning wake ups.

These guys are in their owns rooms....we went back and forth on this when I was pregnant with them. I was pretty adamant about them having their own rooms. I was terrified, regardless of how many say they get used to each other, that they would wake one another up. We also had the space so I figured why stress over it. At the time we had two spare rooms upstairs, one was being used as a guest room. Thankfully we were also in the process of finishing our basement and we had put an extra room down there. That room became the new guest room and J&K got the two rooms upstairs.

Wish us luck!
 

1 comment: