Wednesday, January 16, 2013

b.o.r.i.n.g.

6 days post-op...I am over it! LOL The first two days were fun and nice, now I am ready to be recovered and move on.
Unfortunately that is not the way it works *sigh*

I over did it yesterday. I have been taking 2 percocets every 4 hours...they knock me out and I hate that drug induced foggy head. So yesterday I thought I would try taking 1 perc every 4 hours. Big mistake. I felt ok until the afternoon and then it felt like doc had inserted a full sheet of metal in place of my stomach. The numbness was painful and my back was killing me, so back to 2 percocets I went. 2 hours later and I felt fantastic, except for the back pain. That doesn't really stop...in retrospect, I should have rented a walker with tennis balls for a few days.

I had a slight anxiety attack last night when I realized I didn't have enough meds to get me to my follow up appt tomorrow =0 I called doc office this morning completely prepared to beg for them because when I had my c/s, they would not give me anymore. Told me to take 3 motrin. hmph...I need more than 3 motrin. The nurse listened to my winded explanation and said, "Of course we can give you more but you need to come pick up the script. We cannot call in a narcotics script." I told her my husband would be there to pick it up. She is an angel I tell ya lol

So 6 days post-op....overall physically I feel pretty good except my back. Mentally I am sad because I can't play or snuggle with my boys. Nor can I really snuggle with hubby. This dreary grey weather outside doesn't exactly cheer a girl up either. oh well. I'd rather be stuck inside on a day like this instead of a nice, sunny warm June day.

I am still being a recluse upstairs in our sitting room. On the plus side, this darn room is actually getting some use! who knew?! hehe We have an extra love seat up here and it has been perfect for me to sit with my computer, cell, drinks, magazines, meds, water, etc. I have been downstairs a few times but I realize it is better if I stay upstairs for a few reasons:
1) I rest more upstairs
2) I feel like I should be helping when I am downstairs. I can't really help so then that becomes guilt that I can't help
3) I hate telling the boys I can't pick them up or play with them
4) it's quiet up here. I am thinking these pain meds amplify noises or something lol

I can still hear them all downstairs...the boys laughing, Jakob yelling no because he didnt' get his way or wants to do something himself. They don't really miss me that much which I am fine with....sort of. If they missed alot then they would be crying for me all the time and that would drive anyone crazy. Plus I am so glad that as tired as they probably are (And won't admit to me), my dad and Gay get to spend some time with the kids and bond with them. The boys are having a great time with them. They leave on Friday....I am not sure who will be the saddest? them? the kids? me? marcin? lol

I have completed a photobook and 2 calendars! I have 2 more photobooks to finish up...I think I can do that by end of week, HOORAY!!! it is easy to pick out pictures while in my percocet haze...hard to type or see letters very clearly. They all run together hehe

I received a fantastic surprise when I got home from hospital and another one yesterday. My friend Keeley picked the perfect time to send my birthday gift...a box of goodies and these awesome headbands that I've wanted since I visited her in April! As a matter of fact I need to order some for a couple of belated birthday gifts :/ They do not slip at all!
http://www.sweatybands.com/

My other friend Meg sent me some super cute and comfy pj pants with a People Magazine. Now some may be thinking...a magazine? I was so excited for this magazine! I gave up long ago on reading magazines....they end up at the bottom of the mail pile unread. I actually got to read ALL of this one! As soon as they drainage tubes are taken out, I will be wearing my comfy pj pants! HOORAY!!!!

ok time for some online shopping before I forget what I need to look for! EK!!! thanks for reading my random thoughts ;-D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment