Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Camping.....in a tent....5 kids 4 & under :-D

These tents will be our homes this weekend! EK!! When our friends asked us in March about camping, it sounded like so much fun!! After much research to find a family friendly campground with PLENTY for kiddos to do, we decided on Frontiertown in Ocean City, Maryland. http://www.frontiertown.com/

The campground is really big with an amusement park, water park, arcade, puppet shows, cowboy & indian shows for the kids. There is also a camp store with the basic groceries and such and a couple of places to eat! We also have an electrical outlet and water spicket on our tent sites because well, I just can't rough it. I need a fan in the tent and an electric skillet to cook things on! I am sure I will need to charge my phone, Gavin's leappad, ipad or camera also.

Now let me tell you, I am not much of a tent camper. I used to camp with my grandparents when I was younger in a camper...we would go fishing, bicycle riding and all that camping stuff. The key here is that I had a bathroom right by me....I like this :-) When I moved to Delaware, Marcin and I went tent camping a couple of times in the Poconos. The last time we went was 2005, we stayed one night..it started to rain, we packed it up and came home. I had to draw the line at sitting under a tarp watching it rain. There is only so many games to be played and alcohol to drink. Right now, the weather for Ocean City looks pretty good. There is 30% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday....crossing everything that the rain stays away, feel free to do the 'no rain' dance at home :-) The temperature is forecasted to be in high 70's/low 80's....perfect!

I love the idea of camping...camp fire, cooking kielbasa over the fire, s'mores, baked apples, fresh air. I don't like the mosquitoes, possibility of rain or the bathroom being far away. Right now, the two things I worry about the most are the mosquitoes (I bought Thermacells so hopefully that does the trick!) and the kids being free to roam :-P At least at home, they can be contained in the house and have a good idea of their boundaries outside. In the wilderness, there will be no boundaries...this should be interesting lol This is always a concern of mine regardless of where we go. We have two camp sites on the corner away from the Main road so I am trying not to stress over the cars that hopefully won't be driving fast by our camp sites. We have two large tents because you just can't fit 3 people and two pack n plays in one tent. Not to mention Gavin goes to bed a little later then twins, so having them in separate tents solves that problem. Most likely Marcin will sleep with Gavin. I will stay with J&K. Although J&K have never slept in same area since they were born and in the hospital so that should be interesting!

I have to say though, this place sounds like fun! We will have good friends, good food and drinks. Plenty of alcoholic drinks because I have a feeling we will be needing them breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between! Kidding!!!! These adorable 5 kids will exhaust us for sure! I am pretty sure they are going to have fun with everything to do at the campsite and each other! I am also hopeful that all the activities will exhaust them so they will be ready for bed in evening :-)

In my true OCD fashion, I have about 4 paper lists floating around the house, along with 2 lists on my phone because I am so worried I will forget something!!! There is so much to pack for tent camping, especially with 3 kids!!! If you have any helpful suggestions, please feel free to share!

I have been trying to prep Gavin on camping so he can get a good idea of what will happen. I explained that we are going to take our tents and sleeping bag to the woods and thats where will we sleep. He thought about this for a minute and said, " I don't want to go camping. It is loud in the woods and there are bugs." lovely......LOL Wish us luck :-)

1 comment:

  1. Deanna, Get Gavin a disposable camera so he can take pictures of his trip. It will be fun to see things in his perspective. Enjoy and pack plenty of wet wipes, bug spray, glow sticks, and snacks.

    ReplyDelete