Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A quick catch up!

It's August 1! Ugh! how is that possible? I feel like summer just started. I am not even sure where to start with updating on things around here. Busy pretty much sums it up, as usual.

Gavin turned 4 July 17, our big sweet boy! He had a fun birthday party celebrating with some of his friends. Thankfully the darn fire truck showed up! I was borderline harassing the Deputy Chief of Aetna Fire Department because he asked me to email the week of, so I did asking him to confirm. I never heard from him the entire week. By Friday I came to the realization that the fire truck just wasn't coming. He called me saturday at 1:30 to confirm claiming he hadn't been getting his messages. REALLY?!? None of them? Whatever, they showed up....the kids were excited, it worked out :-) So if you ever want a fire truck at your house, just call your local station and ask. They might say no, they might say yes. They may even not call you until day of party but it doesn't hurt to ask :-)

I do believe he had a good birthday!!! He received a real microphone with a speaker!! This absolutely made his day, he loves anything to do with music! Then at his birthday party from Marcin's parents, he got a Power Wheels Jeep that we happened up on for a STEAL...seriously. Our neighbors were moving and sold it to us for a ridiculously low price and some of the features on it still had tape on it, hardly used!


From my dad and Gay he got a a 5 piece drum set because he informed us a while ago that he needed another tom drum and also another snare drum. Another great deal from amazon (love that website!)

I sometimes feel like that crazy American Idol mom who swears up and down that her is the best singer around. I feel this way because I think Gavin is pretty good with drums for a 4 y/o. He doesn't just bang around and make noise, he has a pretty good rhythm for his age. He will listen to songs over and over until he can pick out the beat, then goes to play on his drums. He was very excited to get this drum set! I have been looking around for someone who would do some drum lessons for a 4 y/o, no one really does, probably because its a bit too young but we still wanted to expose to some instructions so he can learn since this has been an ongoing interest for about 2 years now. So while I was getting a new string for his christmas gift electric guitar, I inquired at the music store if they knew anyone. A man working there said he would do it :-) I told him I had no expectations due to Gavin's age but the drum teacher had a lot of patience then maybe we could arrange something. So Gavin has been to 'Drum School' twice now and while he can't sit still and focus for long periods of time, yesterday he did listen to what his drum teacher was instructing him on. Of course, we must give Gavin an incentive for good listening....there is an electric drum in the store that he loves to play! So if he does well during his lesson, he can play that and go look at all the speakers:-)

Here are some more pics from the party, Jakob and Kaleb had fun too!!








Now to get started on J&K's party, it is going to be a construction party...perfect for boys, don't cha think? lol

Those two get smarter everyday and so darn funny!! Jakob is definitely the comedian with his huge smile and contagious laugh. You just can't be mad at him....well I can after an entire of clingy and whiny Jakob but that doesn't happen often :-P He is improving with his speech and trying more words. He doesn't articulate them correctly but that will come in time. He has become an very independent, stubborn kid :-) I say that in the most loving way....seriously, I do! He wanted to try everything by himself first. If he gives it a good try and can't do it, then he will ask for your help. If you try help him before he asked, he will yell at you. Yep, seriously. He has grown so much and is no longer our baby, he is a big boy. Now if only he would use the potty! He watches Gavin and likes to imitate him using the potty. He does not like a dirty diaper, all signs point to readiness except for me. I am not ready because I simply don't have the time right now :-P We will get there.

Kaleb has absolutely no fear, which is fine...if he were the only child. Since he is not, his adventurous ways usually get copied by Jakob and sometimes Gavin who then end up getting hurt. Kaleb can fall off the couch and get up giggling. Jakob...not so much. It would be followed by 10 minutes of dramatic crying :-P We were at the park yesterday while Gavin was at camp. I was taking care of Jakob and saw Kaleb going over to the 'big kids' park area with this super tall slide. He had checked it out earlier and decided it wasn't for him. Well apparently he changed his mind and decided to go....my heart stopped as Jakob and I are running over to make sure he doesn't fall!
That's his little head poking out at the top!! He did once and loved it! He was laughing the entire way down every time. oi vey! He is going to have us at the ER a few times in the future, I just know it!

Kaleb is doing great with his speech, he has alot to say...all the time LOL I love hearing their little voices, so cute!!!

They all had hand/foot/mouth virus last week. NOT FUN!!! Jakob started it and milked it for all it was worth (just like his father would do! hmph). We couldn't decide if it was strep, teething, the virus or what. I took him to doc when his fever developed and did a strep test, negative. I took him back a couple days later and he had blisters all over his throat, poor guy :-( A couple days after Jakob's fever, Kaleb's fever developed and then Gavin's. And now I guess mine....my throat is killing me and my head weighs a ton. I have to thank the makers of Dayquil for getting through the days lol

Boys are waking up and I still need to shower! I will try to better about blogging, it only takes a few minutes and I have good intentions but then I get distracted or busy with something else. Stay tuned because on Saturday we are finally going to do Marcin's birthday present from september....he gets to drive a Ferrari for an hour, supposedly as fast as he wants too! Should be a good time! I will for sure be taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment