Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

Being a mom is probably the best thing in the world. I may change my tune when I have 3 teenage boys in my house lol These boys are my life and so very much fun! Yes, there are rough days where I just want to hide in a closet with a good book and relish in the quietness. Although, once it is quiet, I never know what to do with myself :-) These boys constantly amaze me and the love for them is just out of this world. I don't know what I have done to have such a blessed life with my family. They are amazing and I thank God for them every single day.

We started Mother's Day around here last Sunday lol Simply because the restaurant I wanted to go to for brunch does not accept reservations. I am pretty most places will be busy tomorrow for brunch and well....we weren't too crazy about waiting with the 3 kids in tow, so we went last weekend and it was just as amazing as I thought it would :-) We like to go to Deer Park in Newark and sit outside. I don't know why but this restaurant has become somewhat of a tradition for us :-P It was the first place we went out to eat with Gavin, J&K, Mother's day past couple of years..it just seems to keep coming up :-P And with the kids during warmer months, we always go where we can sit outside...so much to keep them occupied. Deer Park is right by train tracks! The street is right there so plenty of cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. to keep the boys happy lol

Tomorrow we are hoping to get an early dinner in at Chesepeake Inn, sitting outside of course, on the deck....BOATS! The boys will like that :-) There are also speakers and doors for gavin!

Speaking of doors...if I didn't know better, I would guess that Kaleb is following in Gavin's door obsession foot steps. Of course, Kaleb and Jakob are always around when we are doing errands and Gavin needs to open/close the door so it was bound to happen eventually. Gavin started with the sliding deck door....Kaleb has started this also. Lord help me! lol

Today Gavin and I went to see the Imagination Movers! I have to say for a kids concert, they did a good job! They seemed really into it but not weirdly into like the annoying Wiggles :-P The band was interactive with the kids in the audience. Kids were dancing, jumping around and going crazy in the aisles! So cute! And a lot of the adults were really into it also....dressed up like a Mover and all that. Some families were all dressed like a Mover. One dad had made some pretty serious signs lol

Gavin was too funny! This was his first official concert and I don't know that he was prepared very well. When we first got there, he was glued to me and just taking it all in. We sat down and after 10 minutes he came to the conclusion that they weren't coming lol They did come a few minutes after that and the kids went nuts! Except Gavin....he was still sitting there trying to figure out what was going on :-P He was in complete awe of the instruments, the rotating and changing color of the lights. The mechanics of everything drew the most attention for him, no surprise there....our little engineer :-)
At one point, I was laughing hysterically because the Movers were trying to get the kids to 'raise the roof' and Gavin kept looking at the ceiling, hehe! I am guessing we need to get him out more? Kids are seriously the best at allowing you to see things through their eyes. I love it! We had a great time together today. I love it when he and I can get out and do things together :-) I think he does as well. Right now it looks like a disco club in his room since I let him take his flashy woggle goggles and some other light flashy thingy in his room for bed.

So earlier in the week, I realized two things that I need to work on:
1) I was losing my patience with kids, especially Gavin way too often.
2) I was on my phone too much with kids awake.

These things needed to change. Obviously some days are going to be better than others but I could see a change in Gavin's attitude and mine. He is older so more is expected from him. However, J&K are into just as much and they seem to get the smaller brunt since they are smaller and not so much expected of them being 20 months. On Thursday and Friday, I tried really, really hard to relax a little and not stress over little things. What an amazing turn around in Gavin's attitude by Friday. Even on Thursday, I could tell a difference with his demeanor and his willingness to listen more and follow directions. It was like we were both reinforcing each others behavior :-)

The phone....I remember almost a year ago telling a friend that I didn't need a phone with the data package and all that stuff. I just wanted a phone for talking, texting, pics/video. That's it. Well Verizon didn't offer very good phones with these features unless it was a smart phone. So I caved and got one. It turned out to be a stupid, smart phone so I went to the dark side and got an iphone. The iphone is great.....it is like a pocket sized person. I am available to everyone 24/7. If I need directions or answer...it is there. Takes good pictures. It has all I need and them some....it is distracting me from my kids. I shouldn't be checking emails and Gavin is asking me to come play. He shouldn't have to ask me to come play. Of course, same goes for cleaning the house. So I put my phone down. I mean, is there really anything THAT important that I need the phone attached to me? no there isn't. So I turned off my notifications and left it on the table. It was nice......I will be working on this also. So if I don't get right back to your emails, text, phone calls, etc., this is why.

Here are some fun pictures from the past week or so :-) A little peek into my crazy, fun house!!!!
doesnt he look scary?! lol

light sabers.....oh vey!


he loves his tata!!

lol they love climbing on backs! great massage lol

Gav and I getting ready to go to Movers!

hehe jealous jakob....he has to get a pic too!


























No comments:

Post a Comment