Friday, April 6, 2012

hehe we got a fun car today!!!



 We have been talking about this for a loooonnngggg time! We sold Marcin's 4-Runner because I think he may have put 1k miles on it last year. He has a car for work that he drives during week. If you know my hubby, he takes meticulous care of his cars. The Runner was a 2004 or 2005...I can't remember which but it looked brand new! So we knew once the 4 Runner was gone, we would need another car to have when we needed it if someone was gone with the van, we we are going out, taking one kid some place and another somewhere else, etc.

We have the big ole family car, the swagger wagon and we decided it would be fun to have a small car....you know, now...while we are young instead when we are retired ( I am sure we will get another fun car then also unless we are broke from 3 kids in college, oh vey!). We didn't want another family size car...we wanted something smaller that would be fun for us to take out and also has a backseat for the kiddos should we need to load it up with carseats :-P So Marcin has looked and looked for months. He was on some car website just about everyday going from one car to another that he liked. This was more or less his pick, I gave my two cents but ultimately I said my only requirement was it have a backseat and be within the budget we set for a car. He brought an Audi A4 home a couple weeks ago but it wasn't in the best shape. However, my friend and I got to take it out the night we borrowed it to have mechanic look at it and it drove really well. It was sturdy...I expected it to feel light while driving it. I was driving around yesterday after dropping Gavin off at school because J&K needed a quick car cat nap and drove by this...I stopped, checked it out and spoke with car salesman. Marcin went to look at it and here we are!

It is so much fun to drive a smaller car! It was odd at first because in the van, I am used to being pretty level with the SUV's and trucks but I felt so small and low, hehe! Gavin is in awe of watching the top going up and down.....full out meltdown yesterday when we told him he could open/close it anymore, sheesh.

Could we have put this money towards something else? Sure but we do that all the time! We are careful with our spending, put away for savings and college so we wanted to do something fun for us :-) I am pretty sure this qualifies !! YAY!!!!

What a great way to end a fun week!!!! I just don't think it will fit in our Easter baskets :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment